1010 pressure plates

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
kyboy
40C crawler
40C crawler

1010 pressure plates

Post by kyboy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:30 pm

I took the finals apart today.The pressure plate only has on spring in the finger of the clutch.the book shows 2 a pressure spring and a auxillary spring.this was the side that wasnt steering well.the only thing that i find funny,my dad pulled out an old 310b case backhoe out of some weeds and a semi hole with the outriggers down,the front bucket down and the hoe down.if they was slipping bad enough to not steer well why would it pull a tractor with all attachments down and 3 flat tires? this seems puzzling to me.

digitup
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by digitup » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:01 pm

sounds good for half the spring pressure working .Those old 310B Cases are worth big bucks seems that Case lovers have finally figured out they were built for 1&1/2 years before the 530s even came out as a farm tractor .If you are a Case lover that is the Machine to fix up . I know that only 16 came into Canada .A school teacher near me has one he asked what I thought they were worth .I told him that I am not a Case fan .He has had several offers at 8G I told him sell it! .I would hate to do a days work with that weapon I will take the 40C any day all day before that one.The Case crawlers from that era aren't bad but the backhoes were a bit tough .I spent 12 hours on our latest excavator running it hard last week but couldn't take one of those old girls for more than a couple of hours I am either getting old ,spoiled or soft .Digitup.

Ray III
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by Ray III » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:21 pm

If you have one good steering clutch it can do most of the work with the other side just pushing enough to keep you straight. Of course two are much better, but with only one good clutch you still have a lot of balls. It's when you disengage that good clutch and the bad clutch is trying to push the tractor around that you have a problem.

Mine does the same thing, it is fine unless you run it into a tree stump or try a right turn on a hill or under load.