HEY LAVOY!!!

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
kyboy
40C crawler
40C crawler

HEY LAVOY!!!

Post by kyboy » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:36 pm

Do you have any pressure plates in stock.what are the prices? new,rebuilt,or used? i have an exchange,it only has 1 spring under the fingers. the book shows 2. i think they sold us the wrong one when we got these two. the other seems ok.(it;s the only one that pulls like it should. how much is shipping to zip 41166,quincy ky.give me all the info you can.
look forward to hearing from you.
Gary Blaine

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:32 pm

Gary,
One spring is not necessarily a problem if it is the correct one. Some of my rebuilts come with single springs, but they are a heavier spring to match the pressure of the dual springs. When you installed the pressure plates, did you set the fingers with a clutch gauge?
lavoy

kyboy
40C crawler
40C crawler

pressure plates

Post by kyboy » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:24 am

I didnt have the the guage but, should you be able to compress the fingers between you thumb and forfinger? i had the adjustment most of the way out and could see the cluthes turning when i looked into the housing.i feel there isnt enough pressure on the disks.

gary

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:21 pm

If the fingers are down pretty close to the pressure plate frame, you should have push pretty hard with a finger. If they are out a ways, then not so tough.
Lavoy