2010 STARTER STICKING

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
ironyetty
430 crawler
430 crawler

2010 STARTER STICKING

Post by ironyetty » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:12 pm

Just recently I have gotten back to working on my 2010 ICD. I just adjusted the valves and started to bleed the fuel lines. However the starter is sticking, whats the best way to fix this problem? In other words I turn the key to start and it turns over, when I turn the key to shut it down it continues to turn over, so I have to take the battery cable off and then try it again. It has actually helped me while bleeding the lines acting as another hand cranking it over so I can open and close the injectors. But once I get it running I sure as heck don't want the starter to burn up.

Thanks in advance,
Cliff

starterpro
MC crawler
MC crawler

sticking starter

Post by starterpro » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:37 pm

hey Cliff
low voltage like weak battery or fields in starter are shorted or feedback through switch, maybe bad switch, corrosoin build up on contacts. to find out what the problem is put jumper cables on battery and try it if that don't work take wire off sol. the small wire and jump across battery term. and switch term if that don't work take starter to a rebuilder and have it checked. if he is a good builder he will find the problem , jodie

Stretch
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by Stretch » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:42 pm

It sounds like a bad solenoid.
Stretch
2010C Dozer, 2010C Loader
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.