Model 50 backhoe attachment

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Ashell
420 crawler
420 crawler

Model 50 backhoe attachment

Post by Ashell » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:26 pm

My 2010 has a model 50 backhoe and I have now learned that it is in kinda rough shape. The bucket is ok I can do the work on it but the pins and bushings for the bucket are shot. are they still making parts for the model 50 or do I need to have them fabricated?

Thanks In Advance
I dunno what I'm doin but I'm doin what I know.

196? 2010 with model 50 backhoe and Drott 4 in 1 bucket

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:39 pm

Hi there-

I have a Model 50, and my bucket pins and bushings were shot as well. The pins are still available through Deere although pricey (about $90 each). I believe the bushings are also available, but my local Deere industrial dealer didn't want to do the rebushing and directed me to a local fabrication shop to do that work- probably cheaper that way anyhow. You definitely don't want to use it with worn pins and bushings- I already sheared one pin that way.

it's sort of funny but I went to my local Case dealer to see if they could match the pin and save some $$$- they could match the diameter but not quite on the length. Their pins are around $35!

Other parts for the Model 50 may or may not be available. I've heared that you are probably SOL if the rotary boom swivel wears out, and I got mixed feedback whether the retrofit kit is still available.

It is best if you get the parts manual because the Deere dealers get the older Model 50 backhoe attachment confused with the newer one which is a much smaller unit. if you don't have the parts manual, be sure you specify it is for the 60s era Model 50 backhoe unit and not the newer one which I think was 80s vintage.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment