conversions, upgrades, other parts?

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
tomcat4144
430 crawler
430 crawler

conversions, upgrades, other parts?

Post by tomcat4144 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:56 am

i`d be interested to know what kind of improvements, cross matching parts, or other types of conversions anybody has done on any part of your crawlers. i`m a tinker and can build almost anything,always looking for different and new ideas. maybe i`m just cheap!

CCWKen
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by CCWKen » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:46 pm

Cheap? Nah. It shows a good grasp of logic and abilities. Like most of us with a good selection of tools, we'd rather spend 10hrs to make something than pay someone $10 for the part. :D
JD420C, Ford 3910, IH 2606, Kenbota G32XKS

Howard Yoder
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by Howard Yoder » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:03 pm

one of these days i will get a new scanner and send a picture of the bush hog I mounted on my 430C loader to mow around the sawmill after we shut it down. I could go over top of things laying around. I run it off the hydraulics for the loader the only thing was that i couldn't run the loader and the mower at the same time. I'm getting things cleaned up now and just use my 720.

tomcat4144
430 crawler
430 crawler

upgrades

Post by tomcat4144 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:48 am

Ha! you just hit the nail on the head on spending 10 hours building something instead of paying somebody $10.00 i find myself doing that way too much! guess it isnt the money, but the satisfaction of building or doing something different from the ordinary. this starter on the 420 is a case in point. i`ll fart around with it for a week trying to come up with something else when it would be so much easier to just buy one. i could be fishing while waiting for delivery. it isnt the money! trouble is, i don`t know enough about electric, but thats why i HAVE to mess with it and learn something. its all my Dads fault! when i got my first car, he told me "WE" need to check everything out on it. come get me if you need help! i was determined NOT to get him under the car, but to just ask how to do something. the best and worst thing he ever did for me. he just shakes his head when he hears what i`m doing now. must be some kind of help or support group out there for people like us!