350 PTO & 3 point

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
haljoe40
MC crawler
MC crawler

350 PTO & 3 point

Post by haljoe40 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:58 pm

I have decided to buy a 350 - (when I find the right one). But have a few questions. I want to find a 350 with a PTO and 3 point hitch because I want to hook up a chipper and brush hog, but also want to be able use the winch and some day a back-hoe. If I find one with a winch then it has a PTO? How does the 3 point hitch hook up and what controls the raise/lowering of the arms? If PTO speed is only controlled by engine rpm how do I make it work with Ag attachments ? Will 3rd party back-hoes work or only JD ones and are they hard to find? THANKS! -Hal

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:52 am

The 3 things you want to do are exclusive of each other. You can not have a factory winch, backhoe, and 3PT. You can have one of the three, but that is it. If you have a 3PT, you can put on a small aftermarket hoe, or a 3PT mounted winch.
Not sure what you mean by PTO speed controlled by engine, all tractor and crawler PTO speed is dependant on engine speed.
3PT hitch mounts to the back of the crawler, and is controlled by the hydraulics of the crawler itself. If you do not have an auxilliary hyd circuit on the crawler, you will not be able to use a hitch if it is a dozer crawler.
Winch crawler does not have PTO, it has a winch drive shaft. You would need to buy a PTO attachment to replace it.
Deere hoe is not all that hard to find, but if you do not have a hoe crawler, you will not have the correct hydraulic system and controls to run a hoe.
Lavoy

haljoe40
MC crawler
MC crawler

THANKS

Post by haljoe40 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:09 pm

So it looks like I need a 350 with 3pt & hyd. Then get a 3pt winch when I want to use a winch and a 3pt hoe when I want to use the hoe also a 3pt chipper and brush hog, swapping one for the other.

So If anyone knows where I can find a 350 with a 3 pt. please let me know.

-Hal

ggfossen
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by ggfossen » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:00 pm

Hal,

Hunt tractor on Highway 62 about a mile or three out of Medford has a lot of used JD parts in the back. If you're missing a few parts after you find the machine, he may be able to help you.

Gary

Howard Yoder
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by Howard Yoder » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:38 pm

WOW sounds like you are going to be serious about getting the job done. LOL If your going to have a loader on it you don't want to have grousers on the tracts. I know where there's one sitting that had grousers on it and he was using it to log with and he coudn't keep sterring clutches in it. It has been sitting for about 15 yrs. now he wanted 4500 for it back then because it had brand new undercarriage. I seen it about a month ago and it has been raining right down exhaust. This guy has let some good equipment just set and rust away. Good Luck