1010 Crawler/Loader

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
JAJ
420 crawler
420 crawler

1010 Crawler/Loader

Post by JAJ » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:36 am

The bucket cylinders will only lift the bucket about four feet off the ground. The last one foot goes really slow and then it stops. The cylinders that dump the bucket work great. I have replaced all the filters and fuild per the tech manual and have cleaned out the inside of the tank. This machine has a Weber hyd pump on it which seems to be working good. There are no leaks and the hoses all look good. I know nothing about hydaulic valves so I'm looking for an education here. Any in put would be appreciated. Also, this crawler has sat still for about three years with the engine stuck (gas). Engine now runs good. Next I will be pulling the finals apart to replace bearing/bushings +++ ? Lavoy>>I'll be sending you a shopping list in the near future. Thank you,

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:04 pm

Silly question, but are you sure the hyd reservoir is full? Kind of sounds like the pump is cavitating.
Lavoy

Howard Yoder
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by Howard Yoder » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:25 pm

Also check your hoses to make sure the return isn't getting crimped or collapsing but Lavoy is right it sounds as if your running out of oil becase a collapes line usually would still let it go up real slow. Good Luck and let us know what it turns out to be.

JAJ
420 crawler
420 crawler

1010 Crawler/Loader hyd fuild level

Post by JAJ » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:32 pm

I checked the fluid level with the bucket in dumped position and the boom up about six feet off the ground and it is full on the dip stick. The dip stick looks like original equip with the breather cap as a handle. One thing I did not mention in my last note was that this unit had a #35 Ripper on it which I removed. The hoses going to the ripper were attached to a small hyd manifold which had hoses coming in from the ripper operating valve/lever which is located just rearward of the bucket operating lever. I never plugged the holes in that manifold if that makes any diff. Didn't think that had anything do with the problem but thought you should have the whole picture. Currently working on the final drives & steering clutches/brakes so won't be messing with hydaulics for a little while. But, I would like to find out what my problem is so I can fix it while everything is apart.
Thank You,
Jim

bent
440 crawler
440 crawler

1010C

Post by bent » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:31 pm

Jim, this is a little off the topic but I noted that your 1010 was "stuck" but now runs. I was just curious how you got it "un-stuck" The reason I ask is that I have a 1010C sitting in my yard, stuck and I can't decide how to approach it.

Thanks

Brent
:)

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:51 pm

Jim,
Is your filter and/or strainer clean? Any chance the suction line is collapsing, or is deteriorated inside?
Lavoy