420c loader

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Johnneypopper
40C crawler
40C crawler

420c loader

Post by Johnneypopper » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:38 pm

Hey all
Im unfamiliar with the type of loader my 420 has the back uprights and fenders are one piece The lift cylinders are upright and the tilt ones run vertically across the top Ihave seen it on one of the crawlers at the top of the message pages It sure lifts well has lots of hydraulic power the engine wont bark even when I lift A very nice loader unit Wondering why I dont see it much

NNAATZ
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by NNAATZ » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:08 am

sounds like you have a henry or an Aectco (not sure of the spelling) my neighbor has one, it seems to be pretty desent loader. there alot more popular than you think. i had heard some where that they have 3000# of lift. i'm sure some one else would know more.
nick

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:08 am

Sounds like a Greenville/ATECO.
Lavoy

sbarr
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by sbarr » Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:09 pm

Sounds like a Henry,I have the same,yes they are powerfull,I can tellby all the welds in mine from over the years.Does yours have any counterweights on the back,mine doesn't and is scary to use without,not nice having the sprockets 2' in the air.
58 420c w 61 blade and 3pth and pto,57 420c w loader,48 D,48 M,Allis D-15 and a Super Duty to haul these!!!!

Johnneypopper
40C crawler
40C crawler

420c loaders

Post by Johnneypopper » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:58 pm

sbarr
My crawler does not have counter wieghts and it sure would be nice alright even for backing up and down steeper inclines it gets a little light in the back My loader has one weld on one of the cross members other then that its fine The way those old machines are built its no wonder there still working as well as they are Another thing is that loader has the resevoir in the frame the oil fll on the top cross member is that the way the Henry loaders were made Did John Deere make all those different types of loaders or were they made by various companys

sbarr
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by sbarr » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:23 pm

Henry was a aftermarket company that made different attachments for John Deere and probably others.That crossmember with the fill cap was broke right off on one end and welded back on out of place a real mess.I have a welding/machine shop so no big deal,the pins that the bucket arms attach to the loader were also broke off and patched up,even the bucket is wore through in places.The mounts where the side frames attach to the square cross bars were all broke also,luckily still available from JD.I spent most of last summer and winter just working on the loader,all finished now except for a new bottom in the bucket and a few new bushings.I am in the middle of mounting a hoe on it right now,finding out that it is a bit too heavy so not sure what to do now,thinking of building a new lighter and smaller stick for it,similar to what the new JD hoes use (curved boom).It is a Case 530 hoe that I am using so it is a little on the big side but for all I'm using it for,will do until I build the new parts,I bought a pair of them so once I get the new one changed around probably sell the old one ,always someone looking for a hoe attachment.
58 420c w 61 blade and 3pth and pto,57 420c w loader,48 D,48 M,Allis D-15 and a Super Duty to haul these!!!!