1010 ripper repair

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
ptrachte
420 crawler
420 crawler

1010 ripper repair

Post by ptrachte » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:07 pm

Hi all, its been awhile since i've posted. Juyst getting around to fixing the hydraulix on my 1010 scarifier. Been waiting for the weather to warm up a bit. Anyways I've been trying to document some of my ,repairs in case somebody can benefit from it. Now granted I'm not even close to Lavoy, :oops: but i thought i'd share anyway.

Here is the link to the simple process of removing the hydraulic cylinders. I cheated and took em in to the shop to be fixed. As i fix other stuff, i'll post those too.

http://users.upwardaccess.com/trachte/c ... m3m2_1.htm

Cheers,
Paul
Paul-1010 crawler/loader

Tiny Crawler
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by Tiny Crawler » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:35 pm

Nice looking 1010, and Nice web site you are working on as well, from the photos it also looks like you have the power beyond valve for the loader and if you wanted to hook up a backhoe or other hyd driven implement you can. also for the looks of the ripper it is a model 35, I have a Model 36 been trying to get it installed but I have the finals off on the dozer right now, and the kids want a horse.

I sure miss living out there, I worked near the airport about 10 years ago, and lived in Vancouver, I love the area, hated to leave. Was great to escape to the wildness in less than a hour. spent a lot of time in Pinchot chasing the large bambie, and in Wala Wala, chasing the gobblers. As they always said if you don't like the weather head east.

Later
tiny..

mini kahuna
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by mini kahuna » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:45 pm

hey Paul,I have the exact same machine,that rear ripper really helps tear up solid ground,it is a great attachment to have.
my machine sure is handy to have around,I am sure you love having yours around as well,I look foward to you adding some more pics to your website.
1010 loader

jdemaris

Post by jdemaris » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:08 am

I've got a 1010 gas-engine crawler-loader with the #35 ripper. The gas engine does not have enough torque to pull the ripper in hard ground with five shanks attached. It can barely pull with three. Still handy to have, though.

1010 diesel engine has a longer stroke and ought to have better torque. Seems you'll find out.

mini kahuna
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by mini kahuna » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:00 am

mine is a diesel and it will spin before it bogs out,1st or 2nd...I also have triple grousers that are half worn or so.
if I am working around a stump,I just use one or two in the outmost postion,it will tear up roots in a hurry.
1010 loader

ptrachte
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by ptrachte » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:05 pm

Thanks tiny, i wish i had more time to work on the machine so i have something to update :-) But this crawler seems to do fine with all the tines in the dirt. As kahuna said, i'll spin before it lugs, but then i have really bald street pads. Not so good in the oregon mud. My worry at this point are the steering clutches, they have been worked on, but still don't work right. I don't have the time or the tools to pull the finals appart. I know how to adjust the clutches and brakes, but its not enough - i'm steering on brakes right now and that's not good.
Paul-1010 crawler/loader

ptrachte
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by ptrachte » Thu May 08, 2008 12:36 pm

Hello again,

I finally got my ripper lift cylinders back, and got them mounted. I've updated my website to show the installed cylinders, and hoses. Works like a charm.

Next, i've begun the process of fixing the fuel tank and leaky fuel lines. Thats also posted under repairs. There are a number of misc fixes needed under the hood.

http://users.upwardaccess.com/trachte/c ... f10000.htm

Advice is appreciated.

Cheers,
Paul
Paul-1010 crawler/loader