R&R 2010C

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Stretch
440 crawler
440 crawler

R&R 2010C

Post by Stretch » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:01 am

Been meaning to start this post for awhile.
Got the new girl home back in January.( my other post ) Pulled motor
out and found what I suspected. Rain had got down exhaust and locked
down a couple of cylinders. :o
Stripped the motor had block and liner maged. OK :)
Crank will have to be turned .010 :)
Head looks great. 8)
Need to have injectors rebuilt and will probably go thru pump also.
Now for the catch, can't find 20 over pistons. :x
The pistons that came out cleaned up like new but the liner had so much pitting from the water that it will have to be bored. Any help on this would be appreciated.
I have searched high and low for pistons. I am talking to TRW, Weisco, and Sealed Power right now about making a set.
Any way while I am waiting for the pistons I have decided to go ahead and disassemble the rest of the Crawler. Need bigger garage :lol:
Did you know that the loader assembly is a heavy sob, not to mention a pain to take off.
I am having to increase my budget for beer, running out of friends that are willing to help, :roll:
That is all for now, will update with pics later.
Lavoy, I have got a book of parts that I will be needing. I may have to sign the deed to my farm over to you. :lol:
Stretch
2010C Dozer, 2010C Loader
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.

RANDY Fay
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by RANDY Fay » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:25 am

Valu-bilt.com has 20 over pistons for 2010 3 7/8 +20 diesel
www.valu-bilt.com
ya I know what ya mean about heavy--If your going to have inj pump redone be sure and tell test stand operator you are putting in oversized pistons sometimes-- any way the rebuilders I use will give you a little more fuel for horsepower-- have fun Randy

I just checked there web site and don't see them listed call 1888 828 3276 they will try to help you out
Last edited by RANDY Fay on Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

jdemaris

Re: R&R 2010C

Post by jdemaris » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:25 am

Stretch wrote: can't find 20 over pistons. :x
The pistons that came out cleaned up like
There is a company in China that makes .020 over pistons for 2010 diesels. Now, who sells them here in the U.S. , I don't know. There are several custom piston makers that will custom make them out for around $100 each.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:36 am

I talked a guy years ago, I believe it was at Jahn's Pistons, for some reason, I think he was out of CA, but not sure. He would make any size piston you want. He was not thrilled about wrist pins, don't know why, but that is not a deal breaker.
As much as I don't like doing it, if new pistons are going to cost very much, you might consider putting in a new deck and reusing your old pistons.
Lavoy

jdemaris

Post by jdemaris » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:31 am

Lavoy wrote: As much as I don't like doing it, if new pistons are going to cost very much, you might consider putting in a new deck and reusing your old pistons.
Lavoy
That's often a good way to go is a sleeve-deck can be had new or good-used. In most cases, the pistons can get the top ring-grooves machined and Hastings repair-shims installed - and they will work almost as good as new.

With pistons - as long as the are for IDI diesels with flat-tops, many places with custom maket them. I just went through this with an Isuzu C223 diesel engine.