1010c diesel pump timming

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
JDCrawler
MC crawler
MC crawler

1010c diesel pump timming

Post by JDCrawler » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:32 pm

I am new to the site. I am wondering if when R&R the fuel injection pump my manual refers to a glass plate that is supposed to be put on the pump instead of the cover plate. My question is can I still time the pump without one of those plates? Any info will be appriciated.

Bill
Bill
1010 Dozer
1010 Loader

jdemaris

Re: 1010c diesel pump timming

Post by jdemaris » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:58 am

JDCrawler wrote:I am new to the site. I am wondering if when R&R the fuel injection pump my manual refers to a glass plate that is supposed to be put on the pump instead of the cover plate. My question is can I still time the pump without one of those plates? Any info will be appriciated.

Bill
Yes, but it's expensive. There are only a couple of ways to check the fuel timing advance and make sure it's working through out the RPM and load range.

You can buy a new plastic timing "plate" for $7. The only other way to check timing is to use some pretty expensive electronic equipment.

You can use a conventional gas-engine timing light - but it must be hooked to a electronic pulse adapter that clips over an injector line. The adapter costs around $275. Ferret, Mack and Snap On sell them.

You can also remove a glow-plug and install a luminosity probe hooked to a meter. This setups costs close to $500. Snap On, GM, etc. sell it.

That's why the Stanadyne plastic degreed timing window is a bargain at $7 and works fine. Stanadyne # 13366 - fits all DB and JDB Stanadyne/Roosamaster pumps.

JDCrawler
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by JDCrawler » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:27 am

I have one more ?. Can I get those at any dealer or is there some place special I need to look to find them?
Bill
1010 Dozer
1010 Loader

jdemaris

Post by jdemaris » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:21 am

JDCrawler wrote:I have one more ?. Can I get those at any dealer or is there some place special I need to look to find them?
Deere used to sell the timng windows with their own Deere part #, but no more. They are only available from Stanadyne dealers. Many now are selling off old inventory of tools cheap.

Right now, you can call Thompson Diesel and buy a new Stanadyne # 13366 timing window for $6.60 but they only have two left. They are selling a bunch of new-old-stock Stanadyne tools with a 50% discount to anyone - first come, first served. Phone # is 800-364-2535

JDCrawler
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by JDCrawler » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:06 pm

thank you I'll get one commin my way.
Bill
1010 Dozer
1010 Loader