1010 reverser ??

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
BROKE AGAIN
420 crawler
420 crawler

1010 reverser ??

Post by BROKE AGAIN » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:24 pm

maybe someday i'll know enough to help someone out here instead of just asking for more.
i keep reading about the snap in the reverser lever. looked in the manual and can't find anything. will look again though,
mine moves smooth. no clicks, hang-ups, or snap. moved more snow with it again today. never had a problem with it not working. changed ALL the fluids when i first got it.
if i get up against something that it can't push both tracks spin.no slipping what so ever. i would say there's a 1/2 a second between continued motion from the time i flip the lever.
just concerned is all. i prefer to maintain my treasures rather than fix.
thanks
WISH IT WOULD STAY RUNNING!!!!

RANDY Fay
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by RANDY Fay » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:05 pm

1010 reverser is a hyd.reverser not an overcenter clutch reverser--clutches are engaged with oil pres. Randy

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:33 pm

There will be a slight delay when shifting, this is normal and desireable.
Lavoy

jdemaris

Re: 1010 reverser ??

Post by jdemaris » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:46 pm

BROKE AGAIN wrote: i keep reading about the snap in the reverser lever. looked in the manual and can't find anything. will look again though,
Correct adjustment via the rate-of-shift screw is . . . with engine at full throttle and transmission in 2nd gear - you should be able to shift back and forth, forward to reverse, reverse to forward and get a quick firm shift with no "snap."

That being said - I don't like shifting at full throttle with old machines with an unknown amount of wear inside.

BROKE AGAIN
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by BROKE AGAIN » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:20 am

thanks for the help

i agree with not throwing the reverser lever around at high rpms.
i don't open the throttle more than 3/4 and even then i'll back it down or push the clutch in before i change direction
WISH IT WOULD STAY RUNNING!!!!