Need sketch of lower radiator guard

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
BKahler
440 crawler
440 crawler

Need sketch of lower radiator guard

Post by BKahler » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:41 pm

I'm not sure why people do it but on my 440 diesel crawler ALL of the radiator baffles (guards) were missing. Apparently its to difficult to reinstall these protective devices after working on the crawler.

Anyway, I'm hoping someone out there might have a late model 440 diesel crawler later than serial # 459723 that still has the lower radiator guard. If so if it would be possible to get a tracing or sketch of it with dimensions that would be really great! See attached picture for what I'm looking for.

I'd sure like to be able to assemble my crawler with all of the protective components in place.

Thanks!

Brad

CELSESSER
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by CELSESSER » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:16 pm

Brad,
Was out where I store my 440icd 461xxx dozer and got it out for a stretch and checked to confirn what I thought. No radiator baffle on this old girl, Sorry! Oh well it was an excuse to exercise the clutches. I'll bet you will be glad to back tom your new home base. Get everything moved up to Kintucky?

Chuck
1960 440ICD #461094 w/ #63 manual blade Converted to a gas engine two owners ago.

BKahler
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by BKahler » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:57 pm

Chuck,

Thanks for checking.

We haven't even started our move to Kentucky yet. I accepted a job transfer back in February but part of the deal was I had to go work in Pasadena until the end of October. Once I'm done in Pasadena I'll probably end up living in our motorhome in Kentucky until we can make arrangements to sell our acreage in Arkansas. We have SO much stuff to move its likely going to take a while. Fortunately my company is moving all of the house and part of the garage. That just leaves me with everything out of our 36' x 80' shop. Plus a lot of vehicles, the crawler and our backhoe. Needless to say I'll probably still be moving into next year!

Thanks,

Brad