mc wont turn right

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
jmjdmc
MC crawler
MC crawler

mc wont turn right

Post by jmjdmc » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:35 pm

i have a 1952 mc crawler and the problum is that it dosent turn right can any one help please?

Lu47Dan
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by Lu47Dan » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:30 pm

A little more information would be some help here .
Okay that said , when you pull the steering clutch lever to the rear with the engine shut off does the throw out bearing contact the clutch fingers ? IE is it adjusted properly ? If it is not adjusted correctly than you need to adjust it before proceeding .
One of the MC owners can talk you through adjusting it if it needs it .
Hope this helps . Dan
1956 420C with GSC blade
Tools are to men as shoes are to women , you can never have too many !!
Used diesel engines are an adventure any way you look at them !!

jmjdmc
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by jmjdmc » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:53 am

thanks dan the throw out bearing is touching the fingers and theres plenty of life left on the clutch plates

snoopy
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by snoopy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:25 am

As the other posted stated, not a whole lot of informatioin to go on. assuming that you are going straight and you pull on right lever to turn right, what happens? does the machine keeps going straight, or does it stop. If it stops then the left side is slipping. To turn right the right clutch must disengage and the brake should apply. going uphill the brake probaly would not be needed as much.

the more information that you can supply makes it easier for someone to help you. The fun is figuring out these old machines!

jmjdmc
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by jmjdmc » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:54 pm

i worked on it today the left side is slipping but thers plenty of wear left on the plates is there any way of tighting it

snoopy
440 crawler
440 crawler

slipping left clutch

Post by snoopy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:00 pm

If the left side is slipping, make sure that it is not slipping due to having oil in the clutch. final seals can fail allowing oil in the clutch. if it had been working ok, that is what i would suspect first off. You should have a bit of free travel when you pull on lever before the clutch disengages. I left mine sit out and got water in the clutch housing, plus a bit oil and it was slipping real bad. Had to disassemble the unit and clean it. Most people will say to replace the fiber disks if they have oil on them. It is a bit of work to get to them so it is probaly a good idea.

some of the other people with more knowledge than me may have other ideas. Good luck
Bob

Mr. B
40C crawler
40C crawler

MC adjustment

Post by Mr. B » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:18 pm

Hi My MC (L) side throw out brg was out of adjustment and caused the clutch to slipp. Depending on whats there A 1/2" crow foot wrench on a 8" extension you can back off the lock bolt and re adjust it. Having a manual would be your best bet. Been a monsoon season up North this year and the old girl can dig some ditchs. Wish I had a angle blade thou. After the big storage shed I am saving up for a 350 or 450. Good Luck Michael Lorraine NY

jmjdmc
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by jmjdmc » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:09 pm

thanks for yor help las its fixe the throwout bearing was out to far