jd440 gm detroit 253 dsl parts, injector assembly removal

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
kouvakis
MC crawler
MC crawler

jd440 gm detroit 253 dsl parts, injector assembly removal

Post by kouvakis » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:39 pm

1. i thnik i am going to need fuel pump rebuild kit 5195078 plus the fork and 2 injector rebuild kits 5193221

2. i cant find my engine repair manual and cant figure out how to get the injector assembly out. i too the throttle control rod and push arms out and unbolted the rocker arms and injctor clamp but cant any farther. anybody that feels kindly could fax copies of that part of manual - injector removal and replacemnt. Help! dozer is down in the woods and i need to clear a few acres for pasture since i am loosing my lease on the horse pasture ive used for last 10 years.

dozer was running fine until started stalling and loosing power on uphill run. i have established fuel pressure to injector assemblies but no fuel on return side of injector assembly.

email if you want anything for copying anf faxing. i picked up some nice 12 million year old sharks teeth in florida a few weeks ago- on my once in decade vaction.

thanks all for your interest in my problem

bill huddleston fx 903-938-1828 kouvakis@yahoo.com

kouvakis
MC crawler
MC crawler

update on 253 injectors and fule pump.

Post by kouvakis » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:21 pm

i googled the part numbers with a single word description and foundP c Industries, llc in Afton Wyoming. they have rebuild injectors for the 253 to present detroit engines. they had the fuel pump rebuild kit and are getting the fuel pump fork as well direct from the manufacturers Matt Kallgren was extremely helpfull and knowlegdable about the parts and offered tech support if i have any trouble with installation. P. C. ind and matt are geniuses compared to the lumps that sit behind yellow deere parts counters that i have dealt with. reasonale prices too.

Bill h.

the detroit 253 was used in marine applications too. :D