final drive installation

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
mikes420c
40C crawler
40C crawler

final drive installation

Post by mikes420c » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:24 pm

Lavoy,

The equalizer spring that goes inside the ring gear shaft where the high speed pinion shafts of final drive goes in. Is there one or two used? Also where all do I need to mic to give you the information to supply master links for my 420c tracks? Also could you once again tell me the way to remove a pin ( with a torch ) so I can break the tracks apart. I do not see a master link on this set of tracks. All links appear to be pressed in.

P.S.
All of the above questions pertain to a 420 c :?:

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:50 pm

One spring in the rear end.
Do you need mean master pins?
Take a torch and blow straight in the end of the pin bring careful not to cut the link itself. Do this on both ends, and when it cools, it should come right out.
Look real close at the tracks, I have missed the master link before.
Lavoy

mikes420c
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by mikes420c » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:07 pm

I need two master link pins. I have looked real close at the track and all of the pins look the same. One side of the tracks were already broke loose when I got the tractor.

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:10 pm

Mike,
I should have a couple on hand. If not, I need to get some more anyway, as I need some or myself.
Lavoy

/J^
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by /J^ » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:19 pm

I am just checking, but did you look to make sure your snap ring was not smashed so that it looks like one of the other pins. I just removed the tracks on my 420 crawler and missed it (the master link) the first time like Lavoy said because the ring looked just like the other ends on the pins. Did you also check that it was not on the inside of the tracks incase someone put the pin in backwards?