Info on 40c

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
jacob.karau
MC crawler
MC crawler

Info on 40c

Post by jacob.karau » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:53 am

I am new to crawlers but I am looking at a 40c that does not have a hydrolic pump. I would like to put a blade on it and was wondering in a pump on a 40 tractor is the same and if anyone could tell me if it is. I would also like to know what blade will fit it is a 4 roller it has a pto in great shape but no hydros so basically is there a way to add it on thankyou for your help.

bkrr
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by bkrr » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:31 am

hi, I have a early model 420c with a 40 engine the hydraulic pump I think is the same or close between the 40 and 420 hope this will help. you could also mount a pump off the crank, as for blade mine looks like a snow plow welded on the front.

Eric.MacLeod
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by Eric.MacLeod » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:04 am

prince makes a pto driven pump also,you can see them pictured in a northern tools book. just a thought Eric

snoopy
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by snoopy » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:24 am

you see the pumps on ebay quite often, i got one not too long ago. If you want the fun of putting the hydralics on and finding or making a blade and the complete hyd system, it is doable. If you just want a crawler with a blade to use in the near future you would be better off to keep loking for one witha blade ready to go. unless the one you are looking at is a good buy. they made two pumps for the MC. I think the 40 is the same as the late model MC pump. it is made in three sections and the early one is made in two sesctions. the bolt pattern is different. the front plate on the engine has to be the same as the pump you are installing. my blade on my mc is home made and it tilts also which is good for cleaning out ditches.

good luck
1949 MC
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"