1010 crawler

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
russ61
420 crawler
420 crawler

1010 crawler

Post by russ61 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:20 am

Hi guys ,new here with some questions about a little 1010 that was my dads.Right now in pretty bad condition.One final has been removed for approximatly 10 years.The other is undoubtly stuck.The motor is also locked from setting.Now the big questions.
My serial number is GC20078,Year??
My blade arms are on the outside of tracks,manual angle .
I also have the reverser on dash ,shifter on dash also.
Is the JD 7 gage available for steering clutches?
What about the liner group for the engine,would like to do it right while I'm at it.
We always had trouble with the steering clutches sticking from not being used much (rusting) ,was wondering about making a set out of bronze.I,ve re-built my cat 955 steering clutches and cat used bronze.
Sorry for the looong post,can anybody tell me what I've got ??Besides a good winter project :D I'll post a picture when I can.
Thanks Russ

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:14 pm

You have an early 1010, 1961 or 62. Blade is 602 or 612, don't remember right now.
Only source for engine parts is Deere, and they are pricey.
I have the gauge available for $10.
Not sure what you mean about bronze. The steel plates would not stand up if made of bronze. There are replacement heavy duty fiber discs which are a steel plate with a metallic lining bonded to them. These will help a little as they will not "grow" with moisture absorption, but they will most likely still stick somewhat. These discs are similar to the discs I have for the D2 Cat, so that may be what you are thinking of. They are still available, but are at least double what the fiber discs are.
Lavoy