Don't listen too closely to the seller

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Randynscottsboro
440 crawler
440 crawler

Don't listen too closely to the seller

Post by Randynscottsboro » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:21 am

I got the injectors back Firday and installed them Sat. Engine is running good for a fifty years old detroit diesel. Now comes the but, when I got this machine in a box, I was told the final drivwe was off to replace the throw-out bearing and tube, which had been done already. So I went about putting the final drive back on, along with the winch and fairlead. Mistake on my part. I should have run it before putting all that stuff back on. So after moving the little 440 around, I find that the right steering clutch is slipping very bad,,,,dumb butt me didn't take it apart while it was laying on the table and check it. The seller said it was working good,,,,just a strange noise and feel to the steering lever attributed to a bent bearing tube.
On the bright side, by being able to drive it around, I got to see that everything else worked as it should, engine, trans,rearend, left drive and ect. So lesson learned, take that %*#$*@@&$ back apart and fix it right. A little yellow paint will probably be applied now that I know it is not a total wreck.
Live and learn as some people will have too with their vote for president.
Randy
2130 HFWD
1120 JD
Case SC
1846 Case skidsteer
2030 JD
450 JD
350 Case crawler
3110D Yanmar