2010 parts on craigslist

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
jtrichard
350 crawler
350 crawler

2010 parts on craigslist

Post by jtrichard » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:05 pm

2010 HLR trans and finals, loader rams and bucket on craigslist janeville farm/garden for sale orfordville WI. $600 for trans (i wish i had the money) $300 for the rams $200 for the bucket I hate to see it go for scrap the phone #is 608 879 2066 if someone here buys the trans i would be interested in a steering clutch pack maybe more.
2010 with 622 dozer with mod. 35 ripper and a 2010 with 622 dozer bought in 1969 and a 2010 loader with drott and mod. 36 ripper

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:52 am

Do you know if the bucket is general purpose or the multipurpose bucket (i.e Drott)?

EDIT: I saw it is the general purpose bucket.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:37 am

I would love to get these parts- and could part out the steering clutch; my problem is the shipping. I still haven't had a parts machine I bought over a year ago in the Upper Midwest delivered to me so not sure if I should do that at another location. :lol:
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:39 pm

Does anyone know the weights of these items, especially the bucket and the two steering clutch housings/finals and transmission bolted together? I may be looking at getting these after all.

jtrichard
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by jtrichard » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:38 pm

I would guess about 2500# on trans and 1000# on bucket sounds like its time for a road trip tiger your a lot closer than i am and you need to get your other parts machine it might work out to get both?
2010 with 622 dozer with mod. 35 ripper and a 2010 with 622 dozer bought in 1969 and a 2010 loader with drott and mod. 36 ripper

Jason Z in MO
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by Jason Z in MO » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:49 pm

Tigerhaze,

I'm looking at some parts in northern WI. Maybe we should get together and haul it all home! I have some questions about 1010 engines which I will create a new posting.

Jason
1010D D 6-way hydro blade w/ 3point, 1010D C/L, 350c C/L, JD B, JD 50, JD 520, JD 720LP, JD 4020, JD 4230

Tim_in_IA
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by Tim_in_IA » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:02 am

These parts are not far from me. Do you know if that rearend would be compatible with a 1010? It might help me on my 1010 I am looking at today...
1958 440ic with blade

jtrichard
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by jtrichard » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:15 pm

i dont think any of the trans parts will fit a 1010 . I do belive that the loader rams will though if you have a loader

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:36 am

jtrichard wrote:I would guess about 2500# on trans and 1000# on bucket sounds like its time for a road trip tiger your a lot closer than i am and you need to get your other parts machine it might work out to get both?
I'm going up there this weekend- made a downpayment with the gentleman for the entire lot. However probably only going to be able to pick up about 1/2 of it this trip. Also going to visit the parts crawler I bought near Chicago that I am still having trouble getting transported- but pull some parts from it.

Tim_in_IA
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by Tim_in_IA » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:45 am

Tigerhaze wrote:
jtrichard wrote:I would guess about 2500# on trans and 1000# on bucket sounds like its time for a road trip tiger your a lot closer than i am and you need to get your other parts machine it might work out to get both?
I'm going up there this weekend- made a downpayment with the gentleman for the entire lot. However probably only going to be able to pick up about 1/2 of it this trip. Also going to visit the parts crawler I bought near Chicago that I am still having trouble getting transported- but pull some parts from it.
where do you need it transported? I use uship and it works great.
1958 440ic with blade

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:03 am

Tim_in_IA wrote:
Tigerhaze wrote:
where do you need it transported? I use uship and it works great.
I need to transport it about an hour south of Kansas City. It won't be the easiest move because the machine is locked up, so has to be lowered onto a trailer in IL and then pulled off the trailer by my 2010 crawler loader or a neighbor's tractor in MO.

I had been working with a transporter recommended by Lavoy- he seems to have a trailer that would be easy to offload and was going to give me a really fair deal on transport costs. However he has been pretty buried over the last year and the seller is getting a little ancy (justifiably) so I may need to go to a "Plan B" by summer if it doesn't work out with him.

I have a Class 6 truck that could handle the weight, but have not had it long and am really unsure about using it on a long trip. Also the USDOT FMCSA requirements are a pain for a one-time trip like that (when my truck is otherwise exempt in MO). I would rather deal with a transporter.

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:48 pm

Well, I made a weekend trip up to Wisconsin and picked up the entire lot. Lynn was a pretty nice guy, and since I made a package deal he threw in a bunch of extra parts that weren't advertised.

I also made a stop by surburban Chicago and checked out the parts crawler I purchased over a year ago.

The actual trip was bery long, stressful, and an adventure with some minor mishaps- I'll have to post up some pics and tell the story when I get a chance. :lol:

mini kahuna
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

road trips

Post by mini kahuna » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:59 pm

I love road trip stories,can't wait till you post it!!!! :)

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Road Trip Story!

Post by Tigerhaze » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:29 am

OK Mini Kahuna, well my story is probably better suited to the "Show and Tell" forum, but since it was started here I will discuss it here.

I left KC on Friday evening to make it to St. Louis (approximately 3 and a half hour drive) and have a shorter drive on Saturday. I left St. Louis on Saturday morning around 8 am on a beautiful early spring day. One of the things aboout Illinois is that they restrict truck/trailer combos (regardless of weight) to 55 mph on Interstate highways and they have aggressive enforcement. Thus even though I was empty on the way up I couldn't make faster time.

I took I-55 until Bloomington, IL and then took I-39 from there to Rockford. This drive was stressful because my truck started acting up (cutting out at highway speed briefly from time to time). It ended up being a bad tank of gas with water in it but made for tense times since there is a lot of nothing between towns up there.

Besides the old unique barns, one interesting thing about northern IL is the number of wind farms right on the Interstate, especially close to homes.We have a few of them in MO, but they are everywhere up there:

I then went from Rockford to Beloit, WI and ultimately to Orfordville to pick up the "Craigslist" 2010 parts. Very pretty country that sort of reminds me of a combination of northern Missouri and upstate New York. All of the rivers were very full- here is the Rock River in Beloit:

Lynn lives just outside of Orfordville. Lynn was a super nice guy and had some funny stories to tell us while loading equipment- has that Norweigan sense of humor. He used his 2010 crawler to load the stuff.

Since I did a package deal, he threw in some extra parts- extra loader hydraulic tank, extra deluxe seatframe (that I needed for my crawler), and loader valve spool as well as the loader rams, bucket, and rear half (clutch housiungs, final drives, and transmission). The bucket ended up weighing a lot less than I thought (I could slide it myself on the trailer), but the rear half was much heavier (maybe 3500 lbs), Lynn thought. We had a heck of a time loading it- ended up having to balance it just perfect and back the trailer under it with the bucket up front on the trailer. I'm glad I got in one load (not without trouble) because they were supposed to get 7 inches of snow the next day. However the balance on that single axle, 4 ton trailer was critical. I didn't bring all of my chains (first mistake), so I found out during my drive to suburban Chicago (Yorkville) that the transmission had slid forward a foot or two and put a lot of tongue weight on the hitch.

Once I got to Yorkville (early evening), I met Jerry, the guy who sold me the parts crawler. He was able to rebalance my load with a knuckleboom truck they have for saw logs- otherwise I don't know how I would have moved it. Thanks Jerry!

My crawler is still at the sawmill; there is good and not so good about it. One nice thing to see is that the counterweights fit directly in the toolbar bracket, which means I can use it on my crawler. Another is the engine still has the original serial number tag. Yet another is that it still has a full trackframe and the rock guards.

I took a few parts- the rebuilt starter and the deluxe seat frame. I wanted to take the counterweights but he couldn't torch off the pin (out of gas) and I was overloaded anyhow. I still haven't figured out a way to transport the crawler, but the guy is so nice he even offered to deliver it themselves if they get a load going my way. Here is a nice pic of the Fox River near Yorkville:

I spent the night in Aurora (a suburb) and had genuine Chicago-style pizza as well as lasagna. Man those pizzas are huge! One things about northern Illinois- they love their pizza! There are mom and pop pizza joints on every corner and very few pizza chains.

The next morning drove back to St. Louis, around 10 am. here is the rebalanced trailer:

One huge problem was not putting a steel plate under the wood decking of my trailer (second mistake). I went over some bad side streets and found I had broke two holes through the wood decking (transmission end and one of the final drives).

The nice thing is that it appears the small contact areas of the final drive and transmission were "point loading" and that the additional surface area helped support the weight so it didn't sink through any further. I have steel cross beams under the trailer but didn't want to rely on them. The assembly ended up not settling any further, but I still had to stop every 50 miles and check for my own edification.

Due to numerous factors (broken trailer, speed limits, weight, and weather) it took me until almost 4 pm to get to St. Louis. The weather was alternating rain and sun in Chicago- which produced a full rainbow but got worse near central Illinois. At one point was driving with standing water on the Interstate so had to go 45 mph. There were also some severe storms closer to St. Louis:

I spent an hour or two visiting family in St. Louis, but got going to try and beat winter weather coming in. Unfortunately very strong winds and snow showers caused me to go even slower back to Kansas City. it is amazing but the big rigs were getting blown all over the road but still going 70 mph. I had to go 55 mph just to stay in my lane. I made a few power nap stops and got back about 1 am. I had to work the next day, so was dog tired the next night .

All in all, a stressful but interesting trip and lad I got some of that dealt with.

jtrichard
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by jtrichard » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:26 pm

one good ? thing about it going through the deck is that it stoped sliding sorry i had to say it :)