Single or Double hydraulic system?

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:41 am

Remotes out the rear would have been an option, depending on your useage. If you wanted a blade, you would not have had the rear remotes. If you persionally want both, put the remotes on, and plumb the blade into them.
Lavoy

jdcollector
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by jdcollector » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:38 pm

Ok, that makes sense to me. So I don't need to worry about that now. All I have to do is find a double hydraulic setup and the levers. Any ideas on where to find them and a new set of fenders???
Patrick Thomson
440 ICD w/ 831 Loader
420C w/ 62 Blade

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:14 pm

Valves are a hit and miss kind of deal, sooner or later you will run onto one.
No new fenders being made as of now.
Lavoy

jdcollector
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by jdcollector » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:03 pm

Thank you for the help. I will keep my eyes open for all of it. I'm guessing that my best luck will be on the net because there are not a lot of crawlers in this neck of the woods... :)
Patrick Thomson
440 ICD w/ 831 Loader
420C w/ 62 Blade

420C-Mike
420 crawler
420 crawler

Re: Single or Double hydraulic system?

Post by 420C-Mike » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:35 am

great to find an old post dealing with the same issues I am currently looking at now that i have the rebuilt tracks back on the machine

1) looking at details to install a rock shaft assembly/3 point and deluxe seat- great info in this post- any other thoughts or experiences are appreciated

2) I have the same challenges regarding dual valves for the 3 point and a blade. I have been "collecting" parts for a number of years. I have a total of 3 valve assemblies plus a second handle and the valve end plate needed for remote mounting a dual valve assembly. I also have the bracket for mounting the single lever handle on the rock shaft assembly. Should I use the standard approach on the fender or stack the valves on the tank as shown in the picture in this posting string? Does the dual handle configuration work in this location?

Does anyone have dimensions/availability of the shorter control rods if I mount a dual assembly on the fender?

Suggestions/recommendations appreciated
Mike

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:01 am

Stacking is not factory, and no factory linkages or lever exist to do so, you will have to fabricate most of it. Sideways on the fender is the only configuration for dual hydraulics that is factory.
It will work, that is not an issue, it is just whatever your preference is.
Lavoy
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com

dtoots1
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by dtoots1 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:06 pm

Regards valve controls etc...my engine should be ready this week or maybe next..once i get it back i will find out just what my hydraulic system will need to get it to work....so far i have not had a chance to even see...it is NLA and is front loader w/scarifier which actually is mechanical and NOT hydraulic...may need all if non functional, anyone with functional available advise. Is 2 handle version appears 1 for bucket and other for lift, i assume.

Thank You,
Dtoots1