1010 questions again.

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Rick Kr
430 crawler
430 crawler

1010 questions again.

Post by Rick Kr » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:49 pm

Evening all,

The seller added more pictures from the 1010 I am looking at on ebay.

To me the sprockets don't look too bad, but it looks like the tracks are ran right out the the end of their adjustment.

Also I talked to the seller. It hasn't ran since spring 2008. No reverser. Steering worked fine when it ran. Straight blade, manual angle and manual tilt.

I have located all the engine parts I need from a friend. I am assumed I may need a complete engine.

So heres my questions. I'll try to keep them short.

1. How are the sprockets?
2. Are the tracks pretty much gone, since they are at the end of adj. or can you really take out one section and shorten the track?
3. The tough one... how much $$.

Its already at $1000, plus my hauling time and engine work I see my cost already cost to maybe $3500. Should I just look for a better one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

or # 290347401338

Thanks again,
Rick

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:57 am

Sprockets look good, rail height is good, pins and bushings must be shot. Taking a link out is a bandaid fix that will destroy a nice looking hard to replace pair of sprockets. Right now, getting tracks rebushed is an expensive deal, or hard to do at all if you can't find pins and bushings. The reserve is not met, so not likely you will get it for the $1000 unless the seller has told you something different.
Lavoy

Rick Kr
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by Rick Kr » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:08 pm

Thanks for your answers Lavoy, and others in my other posts.

I know old cars and tractors, but tracks are new to me.

I have been in contact with the seller. He has sent me quite a few more pictures that I have asked for.

As I start to ask more and more detailed questions, the answers become a little foggy. Says he owned it for two years, but it hasn't ran since spring of '08. Bought it from a friend, but the history seems sketchy.

I am getting a lot of I don't knows and "this might need a little attention".

I think I will end up passing on this one.

Stopped by the JD dealer to study an older 450 to a better close-up at a set of tracks and sprockets. Getting a little better idea of what to look at.

Thanks again,
Rick

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:36 pm

Hi Rick-

Not sure where you are at, but there is a gentleman from upstate NY posting a 1010 dozer (maybe :?: ) in the "Little Shop O'Deeres" Forum.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment