1010 final pressure plate finger ajustment

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Brad Clark
MC crawler
MC crawler

1010 final pressure plate finger ajustment

Post by Brad Clark » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:05 pm

Hello guys this is my first post .I have aquired a 1010c in july from an 86 year old neighbor her husband used it in a land fill he owned. Its an early first year model serial number 11220. motor was froze up I rebuilt the motor it purrs like a deer now. I am going throught the finals now Iam ready to setup the pressure plate on the right side my question is were should I gauge the finger on the end or in the divit little back from the end. the manual does not say or show my guess is where the bearing makes contact.
PULLCAT

Jimmy in NC
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by Jimmy in NC » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:43 pm

Brad-

If it's like the 420 you just measure from the contact point to the center web. I'm not up on the 1010 but I've set mine with a caliper per Lavoy to .750". He has the gauges to do the adjustment proper if you don't have one.

If I'm totally off someone please correct me.

Jimmy in NC
1957 420C 4 roller 4 spd #61 blade 107,xxx ser.
Hand clutches, not for everyone.
Steering clutches, for even less.

Brad Clark
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by Brad Clark » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:37 pm

Jimmy I have a gauge the john deer dealer let me measure it so could make me one. This weekend I will try adjusting it and put the final back on and see if I can make the clutch work right. I have every thing else in working order it would be nice to turn left or right.
PULLCAT