Complete rebuid/seal of control valve (quad, or 8 lines)

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Montana Guy
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by Montana Guy » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:13 am

So, now gentlemen, this was the reply from the BIG contol valve shop.

V\This sometimes happens with load lock valves. Your cylinder is moving too fast on gravity return and the flow through back through the newly added check valve is too much and is over-running what the pump can supply to the other end of the cylinder, causing you to lose pilot pressure and the load lock check valve closes. This creates your "jerking" effect. This is easily solved by installing an inline flow control in the "loaded" side of the circuit, probably between the valve and the load lock we just added.

Sorry about this, but there was no way of knowing exactly how your circuit would react to adding this new load lock valve until we added it, as I do know know how your system is designed. This is at best a trial-and-error process at a distance. We have inexpensive 1/2" NPT flow controls in stock for about $32, or perhaps you can find one locally and I could advise you on how to install it.

Regards,

Mitch

Well, what do we think of this alternative?-- Montana Guy
Go Griz !!

gus
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by gus » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:49 pm

This may be way off, but..... are you sure you have the lines connected correctly?? A cross connection will do it too.

I had a tractor worked on and it wouldn't steer or just barely so. I checked and the lines were cross connected. The shop denied doing it and said it "came in that way". I won't print my reply, but I said it steered when I drove it in here.

Unbelievable as it seems, they worked on the tractor again and did it again. Yeh I know, :roll: but they are the only game in town. WON'T happen a third time..... I'd haul it 40 miles if there was a next time.

KenP
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by KenP » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:49 pm

deleted
Last edited by KenP on Sat May 25, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No longer posting on JDCrawlers

Montana Guy
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by Montana Guy » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:28 pm

Dead nuts on Ken. I asked from the get-go why they did not repair the issue at hand when i brought the valve into them. I will do as you say. If i can repair the spool in there i am gold. If not, it is a sectional valve and i can MAYBE find a section to throw in? Or, i put a whole new "quad" type valve in. (which would be hard & expensive in my book.) Last option, plug both lines at that spool and plumb in a new single valve.
Here is the email reply from the engineer at the shop. I am not happy. After the valve did not work it all pointed to those rams. Repacking did nothing. The control shop did do a shoddy ass job and not what i asked to be done.
check this out, i asked all the questions p[rodding them along. They have done nothing to make it right, just more excuses.

HERE IS THE SHOP: You are correct. I was not expecting this much internal bypass going on. Without replacing the spool (if this is possible), or the whole valve section, you will continue having power lifting problems - this just doesn't seem to get any better, does it?

I will be out of the office Monday, returning Tuesday. After today, on Monday contact Kevin our mechanic for further questions, if you need

Mitch

It was brought to them BECAUSE the spool was leaking. Poor job fellas......
Go Griz !!

Tiny Crawler
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by Tiny Crawler » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:23 am

Mitch,
I have a complete valve assy from my early model 1010 loader. I replaced the original with a 2010 that has power beyond porting to run the backhoe. Can not remember if there was any problems with the valve, it worked fine before I swapped it out, if you would like to have it, it is yours,

The valve that is leaking, is it the one for the grapple above the forks, if so that valve in my assy should be just like new, its porting was blocked off and never used.

Also I have all the packing (orings, scrapers, nylon balls etc) for the valve assy, I can throw some of these in as well,

tiny..

Montana Guy
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by Montana Guy » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:40 am

Tiny, wow, awesome ! Mitch was the engineer at the hyd shop who's email i printed. My name is Toby. I think you are my hero ! The spool and section of the cessne contol valve with the problems is the MIDDLE ONE, or the FORK LEVER (spool) I may totaly need that !! I will pay you for it and some shipping. I am stressed bad over this dumb thing and need a rescue !
Call me for a fast chat Tiny Toby- 406--370-8396 anytime
Go Griz !!

Montana Guy
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by Montana Guy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:01 pm

So you all know, Tiny here has helped me TONS !! He has some great experience and most of all a huge heart. He was willing to box up a control valve and send me for shipping charges alone.
Why i am still not out of the woods yet, i am close. Thank you to Ken P. for his perfect explaination of what the Hydraulic shop pulled and his dead on diagnosis.
Thank you to Lavoy for doing all this and his coaching now and to come.
Will give ya a nod when its completed right.

Toby
Go Griz !!

KenP
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by KenP » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:08 pm

deleted
Last edited by KenP on Sat May 25, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Montana Guy
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by Montana Guy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:42 pm

Tiny Crawler on this message board sent me a Ciontrol valve which bolted in and worked ! What a guy!! He packaged it up and i sent eenough to cover pstage and thats it! Thank you Tiny again !
Now to get this carb to work right.............
Go Griz !!

KenP
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by KenP » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:19 pm

deleted