new member just say hi

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Willycoyote
40C crawler
40C crawler

new member just say hi

Post by Willycoyote » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:28 pm

hello i'm new to this board , im buying a 420 with blade not sure on the yr but will should have a coupe pics tomorrow. it runs fine works ok needs some tlc the right steering clutch needs adjustment and needs the upper track idlers. but engine seems fine its been coverted to a 12 volt system not sure if ill keep that time will tell. im hoping to restore the old girl back to new sorta a father son poject with my son. love this site lots of useful info here. im a heavy duty equipment mechanic/operator by trade so shouldnt take me to long to learn the 420.my dad had an old catperpillar 30 but mom solf it as scrap when dad passed away wished she had kept it.but this 420 will do what i need

wwattson
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by wwattson » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:33 am

Welcome to the board! These guys have helped me out a bunch with my crawler projects. You couldn't have come to a better place for old Deere crawlers.

Bill
Bill Wattson

CELSESSER
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by CELSESSER » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:14 am

Bill,
Do you have those tracks going roundy round on that 1010 yet?
Wiley,
Welcome to the board.

Chuck
1960 440ICD #461094 w/ #63 manual blade Converted to a gas engine two owners ago.

wwattson
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by wwattson » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:35 am

Not yet Chuck. I had a rather sudden parting of the ways with my employer last November and ended up working back in the nuclear power business again. I've been working in Kennesaw, GA and Russellville, AR for the last four months only getting home occasionally.

The 1010 project has been on the back burner but never forgotten. I was out in the shop last night looking it over and I am going to roll into town today to get some argon for my TIG welder. I've got the sprocket shields ready to go back on and the track frames are restored and reinstalled. I need to do some weld build up on the teeth of one of the sprockets next and then I should be ready to put the rebuilt track rails and the new shoes I got from Lavoy on.

I'm going to try to do up another batch of the seal tools tomorrow or Monday if anybody needs one.

Bill
Bill Wattson