420 undercarriage parts

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
mc_mike
430 crawler
430 crawler

420 undercarriage parts

Post by mc_mike » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:29 pm

Where is the best aftermarket source for pins and bushings? Does anyone make aftermarket sprockets, rollers, and front idlers?

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:03 pm

Unless you are a track shop, it is unlikely that the undercarraige wholesalers will sell you pins and bushings. Second problem is the supply of pins and bushings is so sporadic that the wholesalers seldon have them in any more. I have to buy 10-20 sides at a time just to keep a supply on hand, and am sold out right now. Unless you have a track press, the pins and bushings won't do you a lot of good. If you have a track shop that is going to put them in, they should be able to find them if they are any to be had.
Only aftermarket sprockets were the narrow dish, and my suppliers tell me they are obsolete. They are current from Deere however. Deep dish sprockets have been obsolete for years, only thing available would b used, or buy new narrow ones, and cut the tooth ring off and weld on to your old centers.
Aftermarket 350 rollers can normally be used, but they are getting kind of spendy now, probably close to $150 or more depending on brand.
There are no aftermarket front idlers, only thing available would be used.
Lavoy