420c transmission parts and good deal or bad???

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Dairyfarmer79
MC crawler
MC crawler

420c transmission parts and good deal or bad???

Post by Dairyfarmer79 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:24 am

Howdy, I'm new to the crawler world and I have the oppertunity to purchase a 420C with a factory loader, street tracks and a good running motor. How hard is it to find transmission parts? It needs 1 final drive rebuilt because of a bad bearing and the reverser wants to jump out of gear. Other than that it looks really nice and it does drive and steer just fine and I can buy it for 1000.00. Good deal or bad? Thank's!

jdcollector
430 crawler
430 crawler

Post by jdcollector » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:45 pm

It sounds like a good deal to me. I have a friend who bought a 420 for parts and payed around $800 for it. Other than that Lavoy carries a lot of parts for them and what he does not have I'm sure someone on here might have some spare parts. It just depends on what you are wanting to do with it and how much time and money you want to put into it. I personally think it is a good deal though. Just my two cents worth.

Let us know what you end up deciding.
Patrick Thomson
440 ICD w/ 831 Loader
420C w/ 62 Blade

Dairyfarmer79
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by Dairyfarmer79 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Thank's! I did end up buying the machine. It's going to need some work but it's not all beat up. I bought a John Deere 40C last weekend and it's undercarrige is all welded up and it has a aftermarket loader on it. It's pretty rough but it runs and works okay other than the left turn clutches need some work. But I think I'm going to end up selling the 40C if I can get this 420C back into shape!