2010 missing hyd. part

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
tractormandiggerdozer
MC crawler
MC crawler

2010 missing hyd. part

Post by tractormandiggerdozer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:05 pm

guess someone removed the filter assembly from the inside of my hyd. reservoir,,, was they some design problem that people didn't like or something that would make someone want to remove it? there is about a 1" dia. tube that comes up from the bottom ,, that's all i see,, someone built a nice stainless steer cover for the top,,, pretty sure this is not factory. suggestions,,??? would like to have a filter on the system.. been having some problems,, cleaned some sludge out by hand and immediatly for some reason my bucket tilt started working correctly.

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:36 am

Hi TMDD-

It sounds like someone replaced the original filter reservoir cap housing (u-shaped handle) with a homemade plate. While this solves the issue of fluid splashing outside of the tank, it does nothing to filter the fluid.

There is a schematic of the filter housing assembly at this link (page 14 of the PDF or page 12 of the actual scanned document):

http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/pdfs/PC0705.pdf

The sludge at the bottom of the tank was obstructing the outlet (pickup) tube and blocking flow to the hydraulic system. Once you cleared some away, it remove some of the restriction.

I would start trying to get the correct filter housing assembly back on the machine or you may have other hydraulic problems that are more costly. The filter reservoir cap (Item 7) is no longer available from Deere but can be found at salvage yards- I got mine for about $70. It should come with the filter elements- if they are not useable they can be obtained from Deere but pricey. You will also want to get the proper o-rings. Assembly is a pain because the diagram doesn't really explain how the filter elements and o-rings all go back together. Flush the hydraulic system BEFORE putting on the new filter assembly.

Let us know what you decide to do..
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

Stretch
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by Stretch » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:43 am

I have that filter housing you need if your interested.
Parting out a 2010 diesel crawler/loader
2010C Dozer, 2010C Loader
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.