Swench impact wrench

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
tuney443
440 crawler
440 crawler

Swench impact wrench

Post by tuney443 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:22 am

Picked up a real neat tool the other day called a Swench impact wrench.It has these 3 HD spring loaded cams that when released gives off 800lbs.' of torque.My model is the second of 5 in terms of power generated.The big boy offers 7K lbs. ' of torque!!!Made by Curtis Wright Marquette,the airplane people for working on large fasteners on planes,military iron and construction equip.I got out a 1.5'' impact socket for one of the loader arm mast bolts on my 440 that from the gobs of paint on it,I doubt very much if it was ever taken off since 59'.The paint chips actually hit me in the face when the whack came in--loosened her with the first blow.If you google Swench,it will come up--pretty neat stuff but pricey when new.My model,the 750 goes for $1K just for the tool,no case with sockets,adapters,extensions,etc. I paid $70 from an ad on CL.I see there's some on Ebay. Some old timer told me Cat used to sell and service them.
Found the skull to the mastodon in Hyde Park, youngest one ever found so far in the world in 2000.

JD35D midi exc.
JD410G TLB
JD450D Dozer
2 JD 440 track loaders
JD 420 track loader
JD 450C track loader

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:02 am

I got a 750 years ago, not that good of a deal, but still not bad. Just used it Friday to break some track frame bolts loose.
Lavoy