newbie adjusting steering and driven clutches 430c

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
ebayfreakca
40C crawler
40C crawler

newbie adjusting steering and driven clutches 430c

Post by ebayfreakca » Tue May 10, 2011 4:11 am

i'm a newbie to this forum and can see that there is plenty of info and guys willing to help.I need some advice on adjusting the driven clutch and steering clutch. I know my tractor is hard and some grinds to get in gear is there a way to see how much adjustment is left or is it toast. My steering clutch on left side barely turns the tractor, right seems fine would anybody have pictures of what to adjust after you pull cover. Anybody with a copy of a service manual on pdf for sale for this model.thanks!
if it ain't old i don't want it!

Pammark
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by Pammark » Tue May 10, 2011 6:20 am

I have a current forum titled "2010 Repair". I think the clutches in the 2010 and 420 are similar, the dry type. Look at my posting and there are several pictures and instructions on the clutches.

I hope it helps some.

Mark
JD 2010 Crawler with Loader

ebayfreakca
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by ebayfreakca » Tue May 10, 2011 12:17 pm

hi mark!

lots of helpful pics on your thread, haven't started tear down yet but hoping to get into it soon ,as the weather warms up. thanks for the info!

Jim

Pammark wrote:I have a current forum titled "2010 Repair". I think the clutches in the 2010 and 420 are similar, the dry type. Look at my posting and there are several pictures and instructions on the clutches.

I hope it helps some.

Mark
if it ain't old i don't want it!