2010 diesel missing engine clutch parts

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
gmesser
40C crawler
40C crawler

2010 diesel missing engine clutch parts

Post by gmesser » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:49 am

I bought a 2010 with a bad motor that had been sitting for a long time. I was told everything else was fine. I finaly got around to pulling the motor the other day and the clutch fork through out bearing and other links and parts were not there and the bellhousing had alot of fluid in it was it possible for someone to use this like this? looks like thay have been gone a long time. I have a 2010 parts tractor that i can get some parts off but the parts book has a different number for the fork because the crawler is a hi-low reverse transmission. any ideas on where the fluid is comeing from? thanks Greg

CHA011
420 crawler
420 crawler

2010 parts

Post by CHA011 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:10 pm

I have extra clutch operating parts for the same reason you spoke f,purchased a crawler with those parts missing, even though the had them availble from a
parts crawler. I am 2hrs from the crawler(s) and parts book, so will try to name the parts genericly with out part numbers.

NOS lever arm that attaches to the shaft that goes through the bottom cover.
all other parts are used- cover plate with shaft, internal arm and link.
two each clevis. one has short arm simular to the AG tractor, because I welded a new loop on it, that the previous owner broke off and did not realize it needed to be longer for the link to attach (is free)..

Bad news is the useable clevis is on the parts crawler, which would require the engine removal, not going to happen any time soon..

Yes you can use the crawler with out those parts installed, however you will not be able to disengage the engine power from the transmission.
HOWEVER that clevis most be installed with engine off..Which prompts the question.. Why was yours not installed or was it literally riped off (broken off)
as mine was..
Where you at, shipping issues. 570-622-1289

gmesser
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by gmesser » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:46 am

Thanks for the quick reply i am in Stanford Ky 40484 what is a good time to call you this weekend? im not in a big hurry for the parts im just trying to round up enough parts to make this my winter project thanks Greg