440 IC & ICD manuals available on CD

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
BKahler
440 crawler
440 crawler

440 IC & ICD manuals available on CD

Post by BKahler » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:21 pm

I'm ready to start burning copies for those that are interested.

I checked with the post office and $3.85 covers priority mail anywhere in the U.S. for a CD sized package.

I'd like $20 + $3.85 (shipping) for a copy of the CD.

The CD will contain a text searchable PDF file of the 440 ICD parts catalog PC-609, text searchable PDF file of the JD (general motors) 2-53 series diesel engine SM-2028 Sections 10, 20, 30, 40, 45, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 & 130. It also has a text searchable PDF file of the 440 series spark ignition tractors service manual SM-2023 (includes tractor and crawler), all sections.

You can print out any page you want and it will look just like the original. If you haven't downloaded a copy of Adobe Reader 7.0 you should, the search features are the best yet.

I spent a LOT of hours with the scanner and OCR program to do all the conversions. I won't guarentee there aren't any typos but overall I think the job came out very well.

If someone wants to loan me a copy of the 440 IC parts catalog I would be more than happy to scan it in and add it to the CD. Since mine is an ICD I didn't care to spend the money to buy a IC parts catalog.

I'm not trying to make any money at this, just trying to recoup the cost of the manuals. Its amazing how much the paper copies cost!

All in all I think you'll be very pleased with whats on the CD.

Contact me off list (brad.kahler@141.com) for my mailing address. Personal checks are fine.

Brad

PS, almost forgot I'm including a copy of the Detroit Diesel series 53 engines in PDF format that is also searchable.

440icd
430 crawler
430 crawler

440 icd crawler

Post by 440icd » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:40 pm

If it covers my crawler,/ loader I want it...
how about a model 51, or is it 61 rotory vain back hoe....
PM me..
thanks
Scott in wa.

BKahler
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by BKahler » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:02 am

The service manuals cover the 440 ICD detroit diesel engine model and the 440 IC gas engine model. The parts catalog covers the diesel engine model.

If someone wants to loan me a copy of the 440 IC parts catalog I'll be happy to scan and covert it to text searchable as well.

There is no information on the loader itself or the backhoe. I have never seen manuals on any of the implements. If I had copies of those to work with I would scan those in and convert to text searchable as well.

Brad

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:05 pm

Brad,
It would be a little slow, but if you really want to do it, I could send you a manual periodically, I have pretty much all of the manuals from the BO Lindeman through 350B, plus I have several of the attachments manuals, some of which have been unavailable for many, many years.
Lavoy

BKahler
440 crawler
440 crawler

Manuals & scanning

Post by BKahler » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:32 am

Lavoy,

I would be more than willing to take on scanning in all of the manuals and converting them to text. You're right, it would be slow but I think it would be a worth while effort. Old equipment fasinates me (my wife as well!). Heck even new equipment does as well !!

Check out http://www.141.com/triumphs and you'll see the range of "projects" my wife and I have taken on. Of course you then might think we're a little crazy :)

I'll send you a private message with my mailing address.

Brad