Carco Model C manual?

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
hydrogeo
440 crawler
440 crawler

Carco Model C manual?

Post by hydrogeo » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:27 am

Anybody have a copy of a parts or service manual for a Carco Model C Series 2? Just spooled mine up with a new cable, and the winch works fine but the brake won't hold and the linkage is awful tight. It would be nice to have a diagram before I tear into it.

As with another poster, I contacted Paccar and they responded that the manual was no longer available through them, and the internet has come up blank.

Andy
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by Andy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:57 pm

I have a parts and service manual in pdf for the C-3 carco which is similar to the C-2, only slightly newer. Most of the internal gears are the similar. Most of the changes were to the brake system. The older C-2 is a one piece band and the C-3 is two pieces so it's easier to replace - just remove the brake flange, pull the hinge pin on the band and it should come out. On the C-2, I think you'll need to remove the bearing caps, brake and gear flanges and pull the spool, gears and brake out in one piece. If you think it will help, send me a pm with your e-mail and I will shoot you a copy to book.
420c with holt blade and carco winch - running
440 icd with 831 loader - not running, work in progress

hydrogeo
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by hydrogeo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:56 pm

PM sent. THANKS!