2010 Fuel Pump Installation

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
greesysaff
MC crawler
MC crawler

2010 Fuel Pump Installation

Post by greesysaff » Wed May 23, 2012 7:26 am

I have read this forum end to end and there is tons of information on here that a guy really can use. Thanks to all that have taken the time to share their experience. I bought a late model 2010C that didn't run. The seller stated that he had bought it running rough, knew it was the injection pump pulled it out had it rebuilt, installed it and the machine hasn't started since. I thought I had tried all that I have read on here about bleeding them and never really was happy about the amount of fuel coming out at the injector lines when cracked. Actually only 3 out of 4 spit any fuel at all while only one really had any volume. So I sent the pump back to the shop my girlfriend took it for me the guy "looked" at it replaced the return fitting and said it was good or so she remembers. Now time for the questions if the pump is installed with the punch marks lined up and the injection pump marks lined up it is in time? I have the manuel and believe I am installing it in the right place. I really believe it is a fuel problem not a timing problem. The one thing I had noticed that I will address tonight is while draining the tank the left rear fuel line started making a noise like it was sucking air. I think that might be my problem in all but want to make sure it is in time. It seems to have temporary hoses feeding it right now but I am going to make steel lines tonight. I always had excellent flow at the injection pump inlet so I don't really understand how the fuel lines would be an issue. Does any one know what size lines should feed the filter? I already ran a 5/16 from the filter to the pump replacing a poor 1/4 that looked like it had been soldered on. Any advice is sure appreciated. Thanks