Blown hydrolic hose

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
industrial420c
40C crawler
40C crawler

Blown hydrolic hose

Post by industrial420c » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:16 pm

Ive blown the hose that lifts the bucket up and down on a 90 loader ,on the long cylinder. and with the bucket now in the down position the hose end that attatches to the cylinder is virtually impossible to get at . My question is should I fill the hydrolic fluid up then raise the loader up.and quickly brace it up to get access to the fitting .or should I unhook the cylinder and if thats the answer how hard is it to get the large pins that hold it in out. any help in this matter is greatly appreciated .

thanks Walt

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:49 pm

Unkook both hoses on that side and remove the pin at the rear that holds the cylinder. Slide the cylinder back and up, may have to hold it up with something. Remove the hose and you can snake it out the front of the loader frame. As long as you are there, replace both hoses on that side. Unless they are like new, I would just take the time to do both hoses on the other side. Usually the only time a hose breaks on a loader is when you need it, or when something or someone is going to get hurt when it does. $100 should buy you 4 new hoses and oil, pretty cheap compared to someone getting hurt.
Lavoy

industrial420c
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by industrial420c » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:01 pm

thanks Lavoy for the info. I did as you said and disconected both hoses and then took the pin out. and lifted the cylinder up and back giving me enough room to replace both hoses. I am taking your advice and replacing both hoses on the other side also.

thanks Walt