control valve open or closed and pressure

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Tateremtp
40C crawler
40C crawler

control valve open or closed and pressure

Post by Tateremtp » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:59 am

Blade will shutter but not raise. I had a slow leak down on the blade already but it would not go up or down after use on 9/3. Could it be the control valve or is it another problem. Was working fine and was strong when this happened. I did note whenit happened and checking the hydro fluid tank was empty for some reason. After filling with hydro fluid it still just shuttered. Could I have buggered the pump? Could it be an air lock problem?
Any help appeciated as well as recommendation for a two way control valve.

1954 40c with a 420 engine

CELSESSER
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by CELSESSER » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:19 am

tater,
If the hydr fluid tank was dry you have a leak. Mine leaks at the cylinder seals. You probably just have air in the system. Cycle the blade valve up and down repeatedly and I bet you will get pressure back. Look at the cylinder seals, hoses and fittings for your leak.

Chuck
1960 440ICD #461094 w/ #63 manual blade Converted to a gas engine two owners ago.

Tateremtp
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by Tateremtp » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:53 pm

well tried that and no luck. went and got a new controlled as it was leaking and will try that. i did take off a hose and had fluid but not at a great pressure. thanks for the advice. Will drain and change fluid as well.