Clutch brake pedal

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
Howard Yoder
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Clutch brake pedal

Post by Howard Yoder » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:20 pm

So was getting ready to bolt tranny to reverser and realized the brake pedal was stuck to the clutch pedal tried every thing to free it up spraying pb and others leaving it set over the weekend nothing worked forgot to try water finally put as much heat as I dared without getting the seal to hot knowing I was going to ruin the spring had to break off the metal plate to connect the spring and force the hole thing out heated the sleeve cherry red still can't get it off then remembered I had another housing at the house it ended up being loose and in good shape still wasn't the easiest to get apart but got it now if I get time to work on it we have our show next week

whiteclipse16
2010 crawler
2010 crawler

Post by whiteclipse16 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:34 pm

Hey Howard, hope all is well.
I had the same issue with mine. I think I ended up cutting it out of there in pieces and my dad made all new stuff, tube and rod. Been a few years now, so it's a little fuzzy.
Take us some pics of the progress.
Ben

Great Grandpa's 1960 440ICD 602 blade
Between SN's: 455,633 - 456,801
Currently Rebuilding/Restoring

Howard Yoder
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by Howard Yoder » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:39 am

I'm bad about taking pictures but talking about stupid when I rebuilt the tranny a few years ago the ring n pinion where in really good shape so I left it alone now I have both finals on put a bar on to check out the adjustment on the brake n throw out bearing got the right side adjusted went to the left side and it turned look to see if the throw out bearing was hitting the pressure plate no such luck it must have the splines stripped out of the ring gear what a mess I need a really big hammer to fix this mess