MC Belt Pulley

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
jf5253
MC crawler
MC crawler

MC Belt Pulley

Post by jf5253 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:39 am

Hey guys,
I'm new to your site and I'm sure you've probably answered this question a bunch of times but it's new to me. i have an MC that doesn't get much use around my place because of the tracks. I have a local club that shows their old shingle mill around here and are always looking for a power unit. I thought it would be cool to use my MC but it doesn't have a belt pulley. It does have a PTO and I see the spot next to that lever to put the engagement lever for the belt pulley. Finding and installing a belt pulley assembly look pretty easy. The question is the the engagement lever and related parts. Can it be installed by taking off the shift cover or does it require pulling the transmission apart? Any guidance would be appreciated.
John

Howard Yoder
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by Howard Yoder » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:56 pm

Just so you know the shaft on the mt is longer then the m or mc but if you find one that you take off the shift lever which would be the same on either tractor it's pretty simple other than a little ball that you have to be carefull not to drop in the tranny

jf5253
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by jf5253 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:19 am

Thanks Howard. That's good to know. The ones I've seen for sale just say M,MC, MT, so I'll have to be careful to get only M or MC.
John