Newbie 1010 owner

General help and support for your Lindeman through 2010 John Deere crawler
BearRocks
MC crawler
MC crawler

Newbie 1010 owner

Post by BearRocks » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:58 am

I retired a year ago and have been looking for a small dozer ever since then to push out multiflora rose and barberry bushes that are taking over my Back40. Looked at a 440 & a 1010 but both had been "rode hard and put away wet". Since I'm no mechanic (beyond basic maintenance) I passed on both of these and was beginning to think a dozer wasn't in my future until this fell into my lap.
Her story is that I'm the 4th owner, it's always been shed kept, has a new undercarriage, lift cylinders rebuilt, carburetor rebuilt, and radiator rebuilt. My wife's nephew has an excavating business and looked her over and said to "jump on it" so I bought it. Built in 1962 it has a 4 speed with the reverse in the transmission. For what I've read it seems most had a reversor instead? I've never ran a dozer and have only run it a couple of times but seems to be just what I was looking for.
The wife's a farm girl and had to try it out :lol: . Took her a little while to get used to not having a steering wheel to hold on to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nraf3l6nlA8
Thanks for looking.
Rick

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:42 pm

Welcome to the board. Just based on the video it appears to be a nice little 1010 inside blade dozer. However if you continue to own a crawler sooner or later you will become a mechanic :wink:
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment