Roller Seals

Parts, Services, and For-Sale
wwattson
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Roller Seals

Post by wwattson » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:06 pm

Has anyone found a source for the AM2011T oil seals used for the rollers at a price anywhere below the $14 each that Deere is getting for them these days? :evil: I'll go broke just replacing them on all 8 rollers at this rate.

Thanks,
Bill Wattson

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:08 pm

Bill,
There is no aftermarket source, I looked for years. On the bright side, $14 is less than 1/4 of what they were less than a year ago. A friend of mine did a complete crawler at $33 apiece, and they were double that within a year after that. Highest price anyone ever told me was close to $85 each.
Lavoy

wwattson
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by wwattson » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:18 pm

Saw an old post of yours fom back in 2001 looking for these so I was guessing that if they were out there, you'd have found them by now. I guess all I can ask at this point is that everyone on the group have positive thoughts about my roller seals and maybe I will actually find a few of them are still good.

Wonder who's making these for Deere. Seems like it's got to be a common part. I'll do some digging and see what I find.
Bill Wattson

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:06 am

Bellows seals are not a common part, crawler undercarriage is one place you will find them. There are no manufacturer markings on the seals, so not sure you will be able to find out whol made them, or is making them now. Even if you find out who made them, they are most likely proprietary, and can not be sold to a regular bearing supply house. Ran into this exact thing years ago on axle seals.
lavoy

wwattson
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by wwattson » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:14 am

Well, I looked around and found a few companies that make similar seals and in the end it looks like $14 is a fair price. If the price gets out of line again I can pursue approaching these guys on either a standard product replacement or a modification to a standard product as a potential workaround.

Lavoy, I did notice that there was some sort of marking under the gasket on the pinned side of a new seal I have. It might be more legible on one you have but I couldn't quite make it out.
Bill Wattson