420C - whats is worth

Parts, Services, and For-Sale
Jambx
MC crawler
MC crawler

420C - whats is worth

Post by Jambx » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:02 pm

I recently found a 40C but was too slow out of the gate and it sold. So then I stumble across a 420C locally. It sat for 10 years outside uncovered - the owner just wants it gone - from what I can see the bottoms are ok - pins have little wear however the rest of it looks like scrap - I do not have a clue if the motors stuck so I will assume it is. What I am intrigued about is the plow - the owner at one time converted to a 6-way. Tin is rough so I am thinking most of this crawler is scrap metal and my offer should reflex that. The only part that I feel is salvageable is the blade (the cylinder arms are rusted) and I may have a use for it once I get a Crawler. The owner is looking for offers and I realize this is a stretch but given what I just stated any idea what a reasonable offer would be? Oh and I have to drag this thing out of the woods :shock:

B Town
350 crawler
350 crawler

Re: 420C - whats is worth

Post by B Town » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:52 am

I'm assume it is complete. Probably weights 2 1/2-3 ton. Times that by the going rate for scrap in your area. Take that minus the time and $ you are willing to put into retrieval and transport and you have it's real worth. With that said it doesn't take much of a crawler to be $500-1000 in the midwest. Bruce

PS. Any special options? PTO, reverser, 5 roller??

pcsaw
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by pcsaw » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:57 am

Save yourself the headache if your around oh I have one I would sell you for $3800 ready to work

pop pop
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by pop pop » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:25 pm

well if you eventually get another crawler of the same, then you have parts :!:
:arrow: this single aspect alone would be justification enough for me :wink: ,
or part it out and sell it to us. :D
or let it rust for 30 years . price of scrap will be higher then. :lol:
of course "yard art" collectors might spot it and offer you $$$$ :shock:
need a quicky divorce? put this in the front yard. :roll:
got young boys that need a new toy? there you go. :P
440icd/602/8a,,440icd/831/ripper,,440icd/831/3pt.,misc. 440 parts, i have 5 of these now, but i can stop anytime :cry:

Jambx
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by Jambx » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:42 am

Guys,

Completely agree - thank you for the responses - I think its criminal to have something like this exposed uncovered (ie exhaust) to the elements of 10 years. In the end I really was only interested in the 6 way. I do however feel the 420 is what I will ultimately get so to have a donor so to speak isnt a bad thing. I looked at a running example a few days ago - owner asking too much though - I am also hoping to find one with the Gearmatic winch - so the hunt continues!