backhoe for sale

Parts, Services, and For-Sale
Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

backhoe for sale

Post by Lavoy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:49 pm

For Sale, quick attach hoe, I believe it is either a 93 or 95, which ever one is NOT the sideshifter. It is my brother's hoe, he bought it years ago, just never found a crawler to put it on. I don't remember there being any breaks or welds, but there could be. It is not here at my place, so I can not easily look at it.
Price is $1500, I can help arrange shipping, and the hoe can sit here while waiting.
Lavoy

olrobk

your Mod 93, 95 hoe

Post by olrobk » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:35 pm

Did you sell it?
Would it fit a 1010?
Thanks, Rob

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:46 pm

Rob,
It was sold, but the guy never showed up, it is still for sale. It will fit any of the crawlers with the quick tach hoe mounts.
Lavoy

olrobk

Post by olrobk » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:30 am

I sold a Power Wagon once. The guy paid and never showed up. I've been looking for him for five years. He drinks a little bit I hear.
How does Model 93 compare to a 50?
Bigger? Smaller?
Tigerhaze told me there's a "current thread" on your Little Shop o'Deere's section about the subject of attaching backhoes to crawlers but I don't see anything when I search "Model 50" or "backhoe". I'm still learning how to use the site. Thank you again for your help and expertise. I know I'm repeating what everyone else says but IT'S TRUE. =Rob

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:31 am

Here is what I wrote on the other post.

A hoe crawler has a larger hyd pump, a diverter valve on the back of the loader valve box, pressure and return lines to hook the hoe up, and should have the rotating and elevating hoe seat. Also, even though they look the same from the outside, the mounts are not the same. A regular loader crawler has the "J" hooks to hold counterweights. The hooks on a hoe crawler look the same, but underneath the fender is some VERY heavy plating that goes forward to the loader frame to stand the weight and torque of the hoe. The stadard mounts use only the fender for bracing, and will not stand the torque of a hoe even if you put the rest of the parts on.

Lavoy

Tigerhaze
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by Tigerhaze » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:31 pm

olrobk wrote:How does Model 93 compare to a 50?
Bigger? Smaller?
I pulled up the spec sheets for both and there appears to be only a few slight differences. One is the age (50 backhoe came out in the early 60s; the 93 came out in the late 60s). The 93 also has a slightly longer reach and digging depth (only by a few inches) and weighs a couple hundred pounds more than the 50. The 93 also appears th have the ability to add-on a dipper stick extension (1'9").

Both have the same drawback of using the obselete barrel swing cylinder for swing movement.
(1) JD Straight 450 crawler dozer with manual outside blade; (2) JD 2010 diesel crawler loaders; (1) JD 2010 diesel dozer with hydraulic 6-way blade; (2) Model 50 backhoe attachments, misc. other construction equipment

olrobk

Post by olrobk » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:28 pm

Thank you both for your help. I'm servicing both machines now in the shop. I have to get that done fast with all the dirt and space taken up. Then I'll be a better educated member here. I don't see anything special on either of my 1010's now that I understand the backhoe machine versus the regular counterweight machine. =Rob