JD 455G for sale - South Jersey

Parts, Services, and For-Sale
trevelynzx
MC crawler
MC crawler

JD 455G for sale - South Jersey

Post by trevelynzx » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:34 pm

Hey all,

Putting my JD 455G up for sale. I had posted on here a while back about some issues I was having with it, so feel free to dig those threads up. I haven't done any further work to it. Description below.

Up for sale is a 1979 (I think) John Deere 455G crawler loader. I bought this from the original owner, a local farmer, about 7 years ago and have used it for land clearing since then. The engine runs strong with no issues. All the hydraulics are working properly but I’ve never tested the aux hydraulics (these old JDs could have a backhoe attachment).

Two new batteries purchased summer of 2020. Engine has never failed to start right up. Bucket is in great shape and has a couple utility hooks welded/ affixed. I have an extra track tensioner/ front idler assembly that I’ll include.

This loader is STRONG and solid – they don’t make ‘em like they used to. Needs a little TLC, see below.

Known issues:
- The track tensioner seals need to be rebuilt, they hold grease for a few hours before relaxing. I have the seal kits and will include them with the sale.
- The left side lift cylinder has a very slow leak at the seal when in use and should be rebuilt in the next 100 hours or so.
- After a few minutes of pushing the loader won’t have any power to the tracks. I assume this is a clogged transmissions filter. As far as I know it requires all 30+ gallons of transmission fluid to be drained. The filter is located under the floor plate. Should be a straightforward (but time consuming) fix for anyone that knows old iron. Without this the dozer will work for about an hour then quit locomotion – let it rest for a bit and it comes back to normal.

Sold as is – $5000 OBO – all offers welcome. Come pick it up in Monroeville NJ. For a fee I can arrange delivery if needed.

trevelynzx
MC crawler
MC crawler

Re: JD 455G for sale - South Jersey

Post by trevelynzx » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:36 pm