440 crawler soon to be for sale

Parts, Services, and For-Sale
Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

440 crawler soon to be for sale

Post by Lavoy » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:45 pm

A friend who wanted a 440 crawler I have in the shop currently, no longer needs it for his building project, so it will be, or is for sale. The crawler is not done yet, I have a few weeks of work left on it.
Crawler is a gas, 5 speed, no reverser, outside arm #602 dozer blade. 12" track pads, all new pad bolts, new axle seal and bearings on one final, new pinion shaft seals and bearings both sides. New throwout tubes and throwout bearings both sides, 2-new brake bands, one new pressure plate, new brake rod boots.
Will have a new alternator, belts, gauges and wiring, will be on 12 volts.
Complete new hyd system from pump drive, pump, hoses, and dual hyd valve with an added hyd filter.
Halogen headlight and taillight, deluxe seat. Crawler is after the serial number break, so has the larger transmission. New input shaft bearing and seal in trans.
Will have all new fluids and filters.
There will be other work as I progress, and other work I have probably forgotten about. Give me a call if you want to ask questions, and further info. I can still tailor the crawler somewhat to a specific desire if you want, but we would have to discuss it.
Some pics of the progress are on my facebook page jdcrawlers.
Thanks,
Lavoy
701-361-1006
Parts and restoration for antique and late model John Deere crawlers.
Owner and moderator www.jdcrawlers.com