440 battery sheetmetal round 3

Parts, Services, and For-Sale
Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

440 battery sheetmetal round 3

Post by Lavoy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:45 pm

Okay, finally was able to borrow a couple of NOS 440 battery sheetmetal pieces. Some of you know that this has been an ongoing pain in the you know what. SOOOOO, here is where we stand. The RH door that some of you have purchased is too tall. Don't know where the error came in at, but I think when the door was drawn, the guy entered a digit wrong. The drawing is being corrected as I write this, and I hope to have the corrected pieces here in the not too distant future. To those of you that already have the wrong piece, again I apologize. Contact me and I will get a correct door to you as soon as they are done.
Thanks,
Lavoy

JD440ICD2006
350 crawler
350 crawler

Post by JD440ICD2006 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:00 pm

Lavoy,

If you ever got tired of crawlers (I know that will not happen), you could teach others in the equipment business how to properly run and conduct business successfully. So many of them are of the opinion that the money can ONLY flow in one direction, no matter what goes wrong. They literally would never replace a part, or it would take threats and an act of Congress to finally get them to do the right thing.
You always seem to err on the side of good business with the transactions that I have made with you and the ones I see you make with others.
This, as you well know, will keep you in business long after some of the others have gone out and are still wondering what happened.
Thanks for the very best crawler site on the Internet, bar none!

Have a Happy New Year!
1959 JD 440ICD w/64 Power Angle Tilt Blade
1959 JD 440ICD w/63 Manual Angle Blade
1959 JD 440IC w/602 Manual Angle Blade
1959 JD 730D W SE (many options)
1950 JD M S w/M-20 Mower
1952 JD M W
1955 FORD 640 (burns the most fuel)

Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Lavoy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:43 am

I do not knowingly send out incorrect stuff, and if I do, I feel it is my obligation to correct the situation if at all possible. Sooner or later there is going to be a situation that I can't resolve, it is just the nature of the business, but at least I can try.
When I was younger, ( a lot younger), I had a store manager tell me once that he operated on the 2/250 principle. If I liked what he did, I would tell 2 people and they MIGHT come and buy from him. If I did not, I would tell 250 people, and the would NEVER buy from him. I always remembered that, and think that there is a lot of truth to his statememt.
Lavoy