I need a repair manual for 440ic paper or dvd
or source of manuals.
thanks Earl

CELSESSER
1010 crawler
1010 crawler

Post by CELSESSER » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:03 pm

Earl,

Look up Brad Kahler's profile and send him a note by e-mail. He has them on CD. Lots of good info.

Chuck

Happy new year to all!
1960 440ICD #461094 w/ #63 manual blade Converted to a gas engine two owners ago.

LEGEND
MC crawler
MC crawler

manual

Post by LEGEND » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:31 pm

Thanks Chuck
I Talked to Lavoy he said to do that also.
He must be busy I sent pm earlier he has not had time to
respond yet
Thanks
Earl

BKahler
440 crawler
440 crawler

Re: manual

Post by BKahler » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:18 pm

LEGEND wrote:Thanks Chuck
respond yet
Thanks
Earl
Earl, got your PM earlier this evening just before my wife and I headed out for the evening. I'll send you the info in a PM either later this evening or 1st thing in the morning.

Brad

charless
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by charless » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:04 pm

BKahler wrote:
LEGEND wrote:Thanks Chuck
respond yet
Thanks
Earl
Earl, got your PM earlier this evening just before my wife and I headed out for the evening. I'll send you the info in a PM either later this evening or 1st thing in the morning.

Brad
Brad....I just heard from Lavoy that what I was told was a 1010 crawler when I purchased it, is instead a 440. Soooo, I need service and/or other appropriate manuals for it. Can you tell me what all you might have that would be useful for me to work on my dozer and also what the costs are for the DVD's and/or manuals?

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE,
Charles Sullivan
JD 440IC 2 CYL Gas Crawler Dozer with a 6 way blade. Serial Number 442495

BKahler
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by BKahler » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:38 pm

Brad....I just heard from Lavoy that what I was told was a 1010 crawler when I purchased it, is instead a 440. Soooo, I need service and/or other appropriate manuals for it. Can you tell me what all you might have that would be useful for me to work on my dozer and also what the costs are for the DVD's and/or manuals?

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE,
Charles Sullivan
Charles,

I've got two different CDs. One has text searchable PDF files of the original Factory Service manuals (diesel and gas versions), original Factory Parts Manuals (diesel and gas versions), original Factory Operators manual for the diesel version, JD model 63 dozer blade parts manual, Detroit Diesel 53 series service manual and a copy of the Detroit Diesel 53 Series Operators manual. (8 manuals total) Total with shipping is $39.

The other CD has text searchable PDF files of the factory parts manuals for the BO, 40, MC, 420/430, 440IC, 440ICD and 1010 crawlers. Having all of these parts manuals allows you to cross reference as to which parts will interchange between crawlers. (7 manuals total) Total with Shipping is $34.

Or I sell both delivered for a total of $65.

You can pay via PayPal or personal check. If you want to pay via paypal my account is brad.kahler@141.com

Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks,

Brad

charless
420 crawler
420 crawler

Post by charless » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:43 pm

Thanks much for the information. Please excuse my almost total lack of knowledge about these things....I hope you don't mind my asking lots of questions as I come up to speed on my little dozer. So far I can tell you it is a two cylinder gas model 440 (haven't yet found out if it is a 440I or ICD or ???? what?).

So if you can help me get the right manuals (parts/service and anything else), I will be most appreciative. Please just let me know what you would recommend and I will give you a credit card or send you a check...whichever works best for you. I just want to try to be sure I don't end up with stuff that won't help me maintain/enhance the crawler.

Please let me know the cost of the CD's you think I need and how you would like me to handle payment and we'll get it done.

THX MUCH,

Charles S.
JD 440IC 2 CYL Gas Crawler Dozer with a 6 way blade. Serial Number 442495

BKahler
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by BKahler » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:26 am

charless wrote:Thanks much for the information. Please excuse my almost total lack of knowledge about these things....I hope you don't mind my asking lots of questions as I come up to speed on my little dozer. So far I can tell you it is a two cylinder gas model 440 (haven't yet found out if it is a 440I or ICD or ???? what?).

So if you can help me get the right manuals (parts/service and anything else), I will be most appreciative. Please just let me know what you would recommend and I will give you a credit card or send you a check...whichever works best for you. I just want to try to be sure I don't end up with stuff that won't help me maintain/enhance the crawler.

Please let me know the cost of the CD's you think I need and how you would like me to handle payment and we'll get it done.

THX MUCH,

Charles S.
Charles, if you have a 440 series crawler its either a 440IC which is the gas 2 cylinder version or you have the 440ICD which is the 2 cylinder diesel powered version.

The first CD has all the manuals for both of those so you'll get what you need no matter what.

The second CD has parts manual for all the crawlers: BO, MC, 40, 420-430, 440IC, 440ICD and 1010 models. Having this CD would allow you to compare part numbers between crawlers to know what models will supply the parts you need.

I'm in the process of adding the 450 and 450C parts catalogs as well to the second CD. Still looking for the 450B parts manual.

I prefer paypal payments if possible but will also accept checks.

Brad