1947 Lindeman Crawler available in Central Ohio

Parts, Services, and For-Sale
John Casler
40C crawler
40C crawler

1947 Lindeman Crawler available in Central Ohio

Post by John Casler » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:42 am

I responded to an individual about this Crawler in a Crawler Wanted post but thought I might post this here for others to see.

Our Father's Estate has a 1947 Linedman Crawler SN# 336460.

This Crawler is also equipped with a Blade.

It is my understanding that My Grand father Emmet Casler, his brother Benjamin Casler, adn my father John Casler all partnered up back then and purchased this crawler from John Deere or Linedman.

All three used it a bit until my father purchased a farm a few years later and he bought out their shares. It has been his ever since.

We are now attempting to establish a "fair market" value for her, and any assistance to that task is appreciated.

I live in CA and the Dozer (as we used to call her) is in Mansfeild Ohio.

I have been told that my brother and brother in law started her the other day, but she runs rough and stalls, but this is after sitting for some time.

The Crawler has always been in either a barn or shed and not exposed to the elements, and seems to be in pretty good shape.

Have 3 enquiries already and wish to place this with someone who appreciates her.

Again, any "fair value" (ranges are fine) ideas of a Crawler w/Blade are appreciated.

Greenwannabe
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by Greenwannabe » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:45 pm

Hi,

I'm close to Mansfield... (Springfield, Ohio) I will actually be in Mainsfield this weekend - Aug 30th.. I'd be interested in the old girl once you get a price.

Thanks... Mike

John Casler
40C crawler
40C crawler

Post by John Casler » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:39 am

Thanks to all who responded for your interest, this Crawler was sold (with a JD logsplitter) for $8850.