For Sale: Late model 1960 440 ICD Crawler - (Some assembly r

Parts, Services, and For-Sale
BKahler
440 crawler
440 crawler

For Sale: Late model 1960 440 ICD Crawler - (Some assembly r

Post by BKahler » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:44 am

I picked up this crawler about 4 years ago. The previous owner had recently done a lot of track work to it and when he got it back it had water in the oil. He drained the fluids and then parked it. I bought it in the hopes of rebuilding it and using it around our property to clear land, roads, etc. Well fast forward to now and I never did get the time to finish it, we've moved to a new location where use of the crawler has been prohibited by my wife due to fear of yard damage and the fact there is nothing for me to use it on.

The crawler is currently located in Richmond Kentucky. I can help load on trailer, and if need be delivery can possbly be arranged for a fee depending on distance.

The crawler has a 4-speed transmission with reverser and a rear drawbar with a 6-way blade (power up/down).

Since I have had the crawler I have done or purchased the following:

Rebuilt the detroit diesel engine (not installed yet)
New clutch disc
New ring gear for flywheel
New pressure plate
New throw out bearing
Radiator checked and cleaned at radiator shop
Bought a used deluxe seat (needs pads)
New prefilter for the air filter cap
Bought various parts that were missing like right side fender, hood opening covers
Repaired the oil bath filter bowl (had rust holes)
All service manuals (books and CDs)
Bought frame for rear scarfer (from Lavoy)
Used hour meter
Used track spring cover

There are only a few minor parts needed to make this a complete crawler, none of which would keep it from being used. Also, the blower needs to be rebuilt. It has been dismantled and cleaned and then the work stopped at that point due to our move to Kentucky.

As mentioned above some assembly is required. The engine needs to be installed, seat pads made, new wiring harness fabricated, generator tested/checked out, starter needs to be tested/checked out among other things. When it was unloaded from the trailer when I bought it the steering clutches worked. When I loaded it up to move to our new house the stearing clutches worked.

Brad
Brad.Kahler@141.com

country53
440 crawler
440 crawler

Post by country53 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:56 am

pictures? How much?

trackfun
MC crawler
MC crawler

Post by trackfun » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:29 pm

Will you post a picture and asking price?