1010 Project for sale with extra parts

Parts, Services, and For-Sale
dnormand25
420 crawler
420 crawler

1010 Project for sale with extra parts

Post by dnormand25 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:43 am

Many years ago I purchased an early 1010 gas crawler as a hobby project. It had its engine replaced with a 2010 gas so I also purchased a diesel 2010 wheeled tractor to swap the engine.Fast forward 8 years and all I've done is bought parts and disassembled the machine.

I have all of the original crawler parts as bought, The machine was purchased in running condition but with stuck steering clutches. It has been disassembled with most bolts/nuts grouped together in bags labeled with the proper locations. There was a cracked weld where the crossbar ties into the rails. I had a machinist friend separate the rails from the bar, so this needs a new weld. The front cross bar was welded to the holders that are attached to the rails. I also had him clean this up so the rails and all of the mounting components were in good shape, but the front bar was deemed "toast" so a new bar is required or one needs to be machined from a piece of 4140 or 4142. I was quoted a price of 230.00 from my friend.

Here is a partial list of parts i have bought for the machine:

- Complete set of new aftermarket steering clutches with gaskets and new brake bands
- all bearings and seals for the final drives (Timken)
- All bearings for the transmission (Timken)
- Replacement reverse shift fork
- All new bearings and bushings for the final drives
- 5 sets of 2 roller bushings, enough to rebuild 1/2 (J.D part). The roller shafts themselves were turned down and sleeved long ago and most need to be replaced or build-up and returned. All of the bellow seals. Some good and some bad
-Complete engine gasket kit with seals ect. (Victor Reinz)
- Honed sleeve deck over sized
- New pistons with pins to match deck (after market 224-1459)
- rods honed to accept new pins
- new rings
- reconditioned crank shaft with matched bearings
- original crank shaft -not machined or returned for core
- set of oversize main bearings ordered for original shaft before i decided to buy a reconditioned one (oops).
- New Camshaft bearings
and I'm sure other new parts I can't remember. All other parts originally with the machine are also here. I only mentioned the new parts with the old that it replaced.

In addition to this I also have the 2010 HLR wheeled tractor That I planned to pull the engine from. It was also functioning before i set it up, but it did need some work. The roosa master pump needs the new bushing and seal that we are all familiar with and the front transmission seal needs replacing (I have that part). The front wheels are new as well as the rear.( about 36" and over 400.00 each). The 2010 has a front end loader(JD 720?)and a back hoe (JD 50) attachment. both are rough, but usable.

I have used both of these machines before I parked them. My plan was to make two usable machines, but time doesn't allow. I'm asking $6000.00 for everything. I'm close to this in just new parts not even factoring the original cost of the machines. I'm not interested in parting out. I'd like the room and don't want to be left with all of the common parts to scrap. I arrived at the price by adding my expenses thus far for parts and machine. I have more into it than this, but time lessens the sting.
Let me know what you think. am i crazy? too high? to low? Id like to sell this to someone who is going to use the machines, not just collect and sell arts.