Mass e-mail capability

Parts, Services, and For-Sale
Lavoy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mass e-mail capability

Post by Lavoy » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:19 pm

One of the new features of this board that I have not utilized, but is there is the ability to mass e-mail. What this means is that if I get a new part made, or have some sort of announcement, I will be able to e-mail all of you that listed an e-mail address when you registered. I probably will not use it that much, but sometimes one of my suppliers will run a monthly special or have a close out on something that is a real good deal, and if so, I might send out an e-mail to alert everyone.
Just in case you are wondering, this feature is NOT available to anyone but myself and Jeremy, and I will NEVER allow any sort of outside party to access something like this. In fact, we have put some features in place to make it more difficult if not impossible for an outsider to obtain e-mail addresses for some type of spam e-mail crap. I do not like this, and do not want someone getting addresses of the members on this board. Believe it or not, that is one of the reasons you have to register, so Joe Blow with a computer can't just come in here and grab addresses. If any of you are on YTMAG, you know how much trouble they had, and had to switch to hidden e-mails to try to help combat it. I know some of you hate registering, but that is the only way we can prevent this board from being taken over and/or ruined like some other ones have been.
Lavoy